Who do you shoot with?

nitefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rawmusicians.com
Hi all.. It's my birthday on Sunday and I'm really close to getting my camera!! Every time I think about it, I wonder who I'm going to go and shoot photos with!!

So i was wondering, do you go on photo shoots on your own, with other photographers or with other people who dont do photography?

:hail::hail:

NiteFly, First all.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Ok, now that we have that out of the way.

I'm not sure where you live, but here in Washington, DC, there are a bunch of us that try to meet up regularly. There is a forum somewhere on the PhotoForum where you can say "Hey, I'm in Osh Kosh. Anyone wanna meet up on Wednesday?" And if others are from around there, they may or may not meet up.

I also like to wander around on my own and take pics just me...very theraputic sometimes.

Other times I drag the Girl with me, but as patient with me as she is, she gets fidgety (which is usually when I start taking pics of HER).

So, I guess my advice is try it all!

when i shoot i usually shoot on my own, unless i decide to hire someone as an assistant which usually is a friend of mine

I've never shot with anybody, and I like it that way. I do like the end result of other people's pictures and perspectives, but it would probably make me feel claustrophobic to be around other photographers.

sometimes on my own but usually with my friends - photogs.... I'm a member of a photo community here... and... I used to take pics with my friend... now he's my BF :)

I usually go on more lengthy shoots with my husband, though I also like to go alone, maybe with the dog along for company. :)

I take pics with a couple of ladies that I would consider my bestest of friends.

One some of you might know from a bunch of pictures I've taken of her, and my many plugs for her music.

www.emma-lee.com

yes...i did it again.

it depends...
a lot of time i shoot by bymyself...
... but i head the photog society at school so we shoot twice a month with a bunch of people form school...
and my photog mentor has an association so i shoot with people from there now and then...
50% on my own 30% with just one more person and the rest with a bunch...
i do like shooting alone and/or with just another person.. more calm!
give it all a shot! and see what you're most comfy with :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday :D

i generally use photography as a form of exercise...miles of walking, alone. since my children have become involved, i shoot with them on occassion and a few from TPF. but to answer your question, mostly alone.

given your three senarios, alone would give you time to become familar with your camera....going with other photogs, you'd definitely pick up valuable info....dragging someone along that isn't into it would hinder you IMO, unless you're just up for conversation, a walk, and an occasional shot.

I'm a fortunate person ... I shoot with my best friend who also shoots! We get the photog angle (though neither of us knows diddly and we generally call all the bells and whistles 'doodads' and 'thingies'...) but we also get the conversation and different perspectives.

I've done a bit alone but prefer the company of Raven.

I agree with JonMikal ... unless you have a whiney person tagging along, you can't go wrong with alone, with a buddy or another photog.

JonMikal said:
i generally use photography as a form of exercise...miles of walking, alone. since my children have become involved, i shoot with them on occassion and a few from TPF. but to answer your question, mostly alone.

given your three senarios, alone would give you time to become familar with your camera....going with other photogs, you'd definitely pick up valuable info....dragging someone along that isn't into it would hinder you IMO, unless you're just up for conversation, a walk, and an occasional shot.

I can vouch for this...there are times we've gone out and shot very little, but learned a whole lot (and it very exciting when I am able to teach JonMikal a thing or two :mrgreen:

Why doesn't Scoob ever come up for the DC Meetups?

Thanks everyone who wished me happy birthday :p It would be pretty cool to meet people from this forum, but i have not yet come across anyone (except cBay, who I already know in real life) from Birmingham in the UK.

nitefly said:
Thanks everyone who wished me happy birthday :p It would be pretty cool to meet people from this forum, but i have not yet come across anyone (except cBay, who I already know in real life) from Birmingham in the UK.

I know your a youngin', but they are having a meetup in Manchester. I don't know American geography at all, let alone UK geography, but if it ain't too far, you could hook up with them. I know that young Duncan was talking about going with his dad (Dunc is 14). Get your parents to take you and make a wee holiday out of it.

If you're interested, contact Rob or PlasticSpanner...they're organizing it...it's tomorrow, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back