Who has a knack for photoshop?

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so here the deal. I took this photo about 3 years ago and for some reason i love it but i feel like photoshop could make me love it even more. I would like to present it to the love of my life (lady in the picture) but i dont want to give her the original as im just not happy with it.

is there anyone who can help me make this photo a lot better or more appealing? i honestly just dont know what to do with it and its the only photo of her i have like this. anyone feel like taking a stab at it?

$Night_1_22.jpg

what is it you what to change?
do you have a raw or only jpeg?

I corrected much of the fish-eye, and lightened the shadows. I also cropped to a portrait orientation.

Night_1_22edit.jpg

I only have the jpeg. my old hard drive crashed and burned on me and now i keep two backups for that reason.

Thanks Sparky, I like what you did there, but I'm wanting to keep the fisheye effect there. To me, its like i want it to say that when she looks at me, nothing else matters and everything else is just a blur. Thats kinda what im wanting the picture to say at least... im not whipped by any means, just want it to be sweet.:lol:

I only have the jpeg. my old hard drive crashed and burned on me and now i keep two backups for that reason.

Thanks Sparky, I like what you did there, but I'm wanting to keep the fisheye effect there. To me, its like i want it to say that when she looks at me, nothing else matters and everything else is just a blur. Thats kinda what im wanting the picture to say at least... im not whipped by any means, just want it to be sweet.:lol:

Then I guess you're gonna have to post what you want done.

I fiddled with it too:

Added a gradient screen to give some warmth to the sky, layer masked the eyes to brighten them a tad, and fiddled with the levels to arbitrary values because I'm a pro like that.

Untitled-3copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy-1.jpg

AWESOME!!! you guys did great! i really like these and i appreciate you guys taking the time to fiddle. thanks everyone!

I have had a play as well, I hope that you like the result......

Attachments

• $Night_1_CC-2.jpg
    $Night_1_CC-2.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 264
  • $Night_1_22-cc2.jpg
    $Night_1_22-cc2.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Pretty difficult to work on a JPEG, but then again that's all what you have left. Here's my attempt at highlighting her, while blurring/darkening the background a bit.

$Night_1_22 copy.jpg

I kinda like this photo. :p
This jpg isn't too hard to work with btw, I've had much worse. ^^

My shot at it:
$Night_1_22_edit.jpg

Ps. Anything you'd like to see different, just say so. I'm always up for a challenge.

Here's my go.
I warmed her face a bit, brightened and colored the eyes and got rid of some of those shadows under them and removed a couple hairs from her face...

Before
Night.jpg

After
Night_1_22edit.jpg

I gave it a try... little bit of artificial lens zoom$Night_1_22.jpg

Most reactions

Back