Who has read the book...???

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime" by Mark Haddon?

I have just finished reading it and am so truly, utterly and thoroughly fascinated by it that there are hardly any words for me left to describe how much this book has moved me in the past few days while I was reading it!

someday I'll read it... firstly I have to finish reading a book on.... semiconductors :p

I haven't read it, but I read a description of it just now and it looks very good. I think I will pick it up at the book store and read it before DC!

read it...but will have to disagree with you here. Was bored after the first few chapters. Maybe I missed some deeper meaning?

You may well have, treehuggerhikerboy, for that book is quite full of different layers, you only have to find them --- and the narrator, this autistic boy Christopher, he is unable to TELL you about the different layers, for he does not understand them because of his being autistic (his stage of autism is called Asperger's Syndrome, as far as I know). So not only helps this book a great deal to understand how the brain of people who are somewhere on the autism continuum may work, for the author takes us "into Christopher's brain" by letting him talk, but we also feel all the needs, problems and emotional challenges, and also shortcomings of "the normal" people, that surround this Christopher and are attached to him in one or the other way (his parents in the first place) --- but you have to really look for those aspects because Christopher himself is incapable of feeling them and therefore communicating them. I find that highly interesting!

I read it a while ago too and it's awesome. It's one of those books that really makes you think.

Meysha said:
I read it a while ago too and it's awesome. It's one of those books that really makes you think.

ohh hso it might be too deep for me... I like my semiconductors right now.. then I'm moving to digital techniques in electronics! :D yay

LaFoto said:
You may well have, treehuggerhikerboy, for that book is quite full of different layers, you only have to find them --- and the narrator, this autistic boy Christopher, he is unable to TELL you about the different layers, for he does not understand them because of his being autistic (his stage of autism is called Asperger's Syndrome, as far as I know). So not only helps this book a great deal to understand how the brain of people who are somewhere on the autism continuum may work, for the author takes us "into Christopher's brain" by letting him talk, but we also feel all the needs, problems and emotional challenges, and also shortcomings of "the normal" people, that surround this Christopher and are attached to him in one or the other way (his parents in the first place) --- but you have to really look for those aspects because Christopher himself is incapable of feeling them and therefore communicating them. I find that highly interesting!

Got that part...but I think the author accomplished that in the first 4 chapters.

Sorry, there I go debating again. Different taste is what makes the ol' world go round. :D

LaFoto, I almost fell of my chair when I saw you started this thread. Not becuase I have strong feelings for the book, but because I don't actually read that many books, maybe 2 or 3 a year. So to see you mention a random book that I have actually read, really surprised me.

I found the book interesting enough that I easily finished it (it a book is too slow for me, i just stop reading it), but I always felt like I wanted more to happen, so I felt a bit let down by the end.

Most reactions

Back