Who has seen Indiana Jones- SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Rachelsne, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok so I just went to see the new Indiana Jones and I was actually disapointed, I had heard it wasnt that great.

Before watching it over the last month I re watched the old Indiana Jones movies and thourally enjoyed them

The movie was going well until Henry Jones survived the nuclear blast and being tossed who knows how far in a fridge-I overlooked that and the movie seemed to be moving along nicely

The ending with the flying saucer was a disapointmernt and I wish they hadnt been on a search for aliens, I think aliens have been used so many times in movies they seem so much more unreal because of that

Oh well stil enjoyed the movie and I love the theme song-I actually saw the BBC concert orchestra perform this live and it was amazing

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I didn't like this film much - I thought it a poor bit of script writing (acting was good all round as was the general presentation) but the script was weak.

Also I got the feeling that it was not a film, but a series of adverts displaying the studios skills - a racing film to start, followed but the wartime hero film (indy standing with the nuke in the background); followed by gritty wartime spy film (that scene was very strong, but was never really followed up later - just and empty event - infact the first alien was rather a waste of time as well).
    After that I take issue with the attempt to merge Indy and Greese together ;)
    Finally I the other indy films managed to convey very well the era of their time in which they were happeneing - this failed to do so - the start though to a long way in it had a very modern feel.

*views of a mad film ranter*

3. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Anyone else think that the shots seemed a bit too polished? Digitally enhanced, I mean? Everything looked super-duper computer made, like it was fed through a mega unsharp mask machine.

4. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    its the current madness of Hollywood - plus with this big move to blueray and HD TV they are going over every inch of film cutting and hiding errant hairs and every little imperfection - to get perfection that is false. Plus CGI is cheap (er) and easier (it won't suddenly bolt out the door or need health and safty inspections) so its a good option - problem is that they take it because it is cheap so you get cheaper graphics (notice how in many films the CGI elements look very clean, new and texture less - Starwars the latest 3 films shows this in great - er - lack of detial)

5. GeorgiaOwl

GeorgiaOwl TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    they lost me at the freezer scene. this last Indy movie is why sequels should always be done only in 3's.

6. lockwood81

lockwood81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Sequels in three's....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

7. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well, i have not seen it, and do not plan to see it ever.

after i heard aboutthe plot.. no thanks.

8. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

In my opinion, one doesn't go to an Indiana Jones move for any semblance of realism. I went in expecting a very entertaining movie, bordering on the absurd, and was not disappointed.

Looks like I'm the only one, though :lol:

9. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Oh, I enjoyed it. I just didn't really like the cinematography.