Who here is from Phoenix???? Im Moving THere!

JMLPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jmlpictures.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yup! I got offered a position as a lead photographer at the Dorian Studios there in Phoenix so i will be moving down there within the next couple weeks! i look forward to meeting up with some of you possibly!

Josh

It gets hot there in the summer. I mean, it gets hot there in the summer.

Now, if you want to have some fun. http://bondurantsuperkarts.com/

Go to Chandler and at Firebird Raceway is the Bob Bondurant
School of Driving. One evening, take a shifter kart class. 35 hp, 6 -speed gearbox, 0-100mph-0 in 10 seconds. Fun stuff. The schools shifter kart track is a little short but entertaining. You'll hit a top speed of about 70 mph on then longest part of the straight and pull almost 1.5 G's in the corners.

That track doesn't have enough straight to hit 100 mph. Out on the regular track a shifter kart will top out at about 130 mph.

A shifter kart will handily out run a Corvette Z06.

Josh,

Congrats on the job and welcome to the "Valley of the Sun"

KmH is right about the carts. They are a blast! If that's a little out of the budget...You can try this... F1 Race Factory It will get your adrenaline going.

It does get warm down here. But it's a "dry" heat. :lol:

The first summer will take a little bit to adjust. I've been here for 9 years after living in Pittsburgh, PA for 25 years. I made the transition pretty easy.

There is a ton of stuff to do out here. You name it...it’s here…other than there aren’t many decent camera shops. I haven't figured that one out yet.

You will be in for a bit of a shock with the contrast of landscape. You will actually get tired of the sunshine and look forward to cloudy days.

It looks like that studio is in Tempe. You're in the middle of everything there. ASU is right down the street. Mill Avenue is a fun place to hang out if that's your thing.

Get outside of the city and you can be in the mountains in about an hour.

Right now it’s about 70 degrees and sunny...And you can go skiing in about 2 hrs.

I took a browse through your website...Very nice work!

Congrats again and good luck!

AJ

Yup! I got offered a position as a lead photographer at the Dorian Studios there in Phoenix so i will be moving down there within the next couple weeks! i look forward to meeting up with some of you possibly!

Josh

Hey Josh, congrats on the new job! Let me know when here, we're a bunch from Phoenix at this Forum. MissMia, Foxpaw come to mind right now.

We're planing to have a big, International meet in 2011 here so we can explore some of what Arizona has to offer.

Best wishes, meanwhile. And don't mind the high heat in the summer, it's bad but it ain't 'that' bad as long as you run your AC and drink lots of water. ;)

Thanks for the info guys! I can't wait till im there!

The studio wants me there by the first week in Feb so ill be coming down sometime the last week of jan. I will also be in town next tuesday through thursday.

Josh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back