Who makes components of cameras?

skutik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys,

we are doing school project and I would like to know which manufacturers makes bodies, chips, lens and displays for camera industry (main companies as Canon, Kodak, Sony etc.). Lens are not too hard to find because I can use eshops but others are pretty hard so is there any list or something like that? Or if you know about some manufacturers you can write here, that would be great!

For chips I found this : What camera companies make their own sensors?

Thank you!

Sorry, I don't do homework for students. I've always believed they should do it themselves.

Sorry, I don't do homework for students. I've always believed they should do it themselves.
Never mind :) thanks

Search. For "camera parts breakdown"
And you can see. Videos of people taking cameras apart then you can note many of those things. Use Google extensively.
Think of it like a homework assignment.

Last edited:
FMW and astroNikon are 100% correct. Learn how to do your own research and you'll (almost) never need to ask someone to help you do research (ie: being at their mercy).

That being said, it may depend on the Brand in question. Odds are the battery, PCB, memory and processors / chips will come from China or Taiwan (most likely China). CCD I don't know, but probably China as well. Again, body shell or chassis is anyone's guess.

But don't take my word for it, do your own research.

Thank you guys :)

Most reactions

Back