Who prints your pics

momof3shan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you use a lab online? Any suggestions?

8x10 and under I print myself at home. Bigger than that, I've been getting them from Mpix... Mpix would probably still be cheaper for the smaller stuff too, I just like doing it at home.

Mpix.com is a professional quality photo lab that is based online and produces fantastic prints. I recently got my first batch back from them and I am very satisfied with their quality. They're also quite inexpensive compared to other printing companies. I've gone into some local photo labs and they price an 8x10 at something like $6 or so, and Mpix is $1.99. It does pay to order multiple prints at once though because shipping can be more than the cost of your order if you order small numbers of prints.

Yes I actually placed an order last night with MPIX and noticed the shipping was more then my order, ha.........Guess I need to order more pics at once...Can't wait to get my pics and see how MPIX compares...THANKS for all replies.

I use Smugmug to host my photos online, and they have a lab they use for printing. I'm not sure who it is off hand, but they do a really wonderful job, and the prices are very reasonable (not sure how they compare with mpix, which seems to be the top lab). Never had any issues, and the photos come out exactly how I expected them to.

I use White House Custom Color. Might be a touch more expensive but super professional.

I use millers professional imaging. I love their quality and free overnight delivery.

I use Sam's club. I have no doubt that mpix is better, but a 20x30 is $9 at Sam's and from a few feet away I think it looks great.

As a note, I don't do professional work, I just decorate my home/office with my stuff. I'd probably use a pro lab if I was selling my work.

Yes I actually placed an order last night with MPIX and noticed the shipping was more then my order, ha.........Guess I need to order more pics at once...Can't wait to get my pics and see how MPIX compares...THANKS for all replies.

I use MPIX and am very happy with quality and service. I decided that the cost of a printer wasn't worth it (printers are cheap -- ink is astronomical for a good photo printer). Yes it is a good idea to save up print orders -- otherwise shipping can hurt.

Most reactions

Back