Who Says You Can't Use the Big Stopper on a Fishtank?!

Don't you mean fish-less tank?

Au Contraire! There are 11 Black Phantom tetras, 10 Gold Pristella tetras, 5 Coryadora Cats, 3 weather loaches, and 1 whiptail catfish in the tank.

Cheers!
Jake

He got them new hybrid fish,they are invisible.

Too bad you don't have a pleco, or it would have actually been still the whole time. :lol:

Too bad you don't have a pleco, or it would have actually been still the whole time. :lol:

The whiptail acts like a pleco, but, also like a pleco, hides all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When some of the fish are cats, well, you end up with no fish. Lol

Nice fishtank...no fishies........:confused: they better show up soon or this topic will go downhill...:D

This is a long exposure, so they were blurred out...

Oh OK...so that is the effect of long exposure -- obliterating everything moving. Now I understand...Thanks. I still want to see the fishies though...

Nice fishtank...no fishies........:confused: they better show up soon or this topic will go downhill...:D

The Big Stopper is a ND3 filter (I think) ... see here for more info about ND filters Neutral density filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thus with it making the image much more darker, you have to increase your shutter speed. As you increase your shutter speed things get blurry .. as you increase it more, things start turning into moving ghosts .. and more .. they disappear unless they were not moving.

you can experiment a bit without an ND filter by using a smaller opening aperture. Try F/8 then f/11, f/22 and notice how your shutter speed times slooooow way down and then you can get motion, blurry etc.

The Big Stopper is a ND3 filter (I think) ... see here for more info about ND filters Neutral density filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thus with it making the image much more darker, you have to increase your shutter speed. As you increase your shutter speed things get blurry .. as you increase it more, things start turning into moving ghosts .. and more .. they disappear unless they were not moving.

you can experiment a bit without an ND filter by using a smaller opening aperture. Try F/8 then f/11, f/22 and notice how your shutter speed times slooooow way down and then you can get motion, blurry etc.

That's why I was able to shoot at 220 seconds and not 1/8 second.

Cheers!
Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back