Who wants free stuff? After rebates.

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just seen this on The Screen Savers tv show. I took a quick look through. If I had the money and didnt mind waiting 5 months to get it back, I would probably go for some of these.

For those that print at home, note the free 4x6 paper.

http://bensbargains.net/ktalk/1110114942,67340,.shtml

Its for comp usa.

Rebate is something you get when you buy the item, you then photocopy the receipt, and mail the copy, and the upc along with the form to the company. Then after 6 months *they say 4 to 6 weeks, ya right* and after you forget you sent it in, you get a check in the mail. So you pay first, then wait for your mony back. Most of the time you get it back.

I got screwed by McAfee though. They had 2 rebates on thier last anti virus software that would make the software free. One was for like $30 and the other was for like $45, together it was more than waht I paid for the software. So most people would think they would make money. But I took a closer look to the inside info and they only give you back what you pay, but at least it was free. They sent m the first part, the lesser amount. Then in an email they said there was info missing for hte 2nd rebate even though I sent everything together, so they werent going to honour that one. I sent them the info they asked for, but no reply yet, and its been a few months.

Stores do it here time to time to get you into thier store. And its usually stuff that doesnt cost alot to mak so its not costing them a ton of money. In this case its a website so its not the same effect.

Also the companies doing it are also in on it, to help get awareness for thier products. :0)

Some of that stuff is free, like zonealarm, but this version is better than the free version apperanlty. :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back