Who wants to get into film? (Camera give-away!!!!)

Let us know about shipping, I'll go in on it. Since it's going to Never Never Land, or East Boofoo or wherever...

(I could have just said Marija but wanted to leave it a open to a possibility of anyone else who might be interested... although I wasn't really expecting anyone else at this point.)

Just have fun with it! Nice of Sparky to send it to a good home. I loved my ol' Ricoh, still have it even though it's a beater (took a dive lens first and got wedged between concrete and a hard place at a hockey rink so it's kind of, uh, wonky... usable but just barely! lol).

If mmaria wants it, I'll send it to her.
if by "mmaria" you mean me then

I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present
I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present I got a present

giphy.gif

Camera is all boxed up and addressed. I'll stop by the Toy Store later this morning and pick up some color film to toss it before I seal it up. It will be on it's way this afternoon.

Good job of it Sparky. See Marija this is why we'll do it, you appreciate it and will get some use out of it. Plus, we now have brought you to the dark(room) side! :newangel:

It's on the way. I tossed in two rolls of film, a roll of Fujicolor 200 and some Ilford XP2, which is black & white film that is processed using C-41.

Good job of it Sparky. See Marija this is why we'll do it, you appreciate it and will get some use out of it. Plus, we now have brought you to the dark(room) side! :newangel:
LOL

I'm nervous. How is it there!?

It's on the way. I tossed in two rolls of film, a roll of Fujicolor 200 and some Ilford XP2, which is black & white film that is processed using C-41.
Oh God!

Two rolls! no pressure, ha?

Black and white!? awwww :icon_hug:

(I didn't even know what C-41 means a few days ago, but I do know now because I'm google-ing about film since I found out that I'm getting this camera :))

seriously I'm nervous.... and in the same time so excited about it. I'm curious how this will turn out :D

If it's any consolation, here's 3 of my 4 failures from last weekend:

I had gotten everything all set up to take the shot, and during the first attempt, someone walked into the scene (18 second exposure). So I flipped the film holder over to expose the other sheet, and thought I had it.

Nope. As I was undoing everything to move the camera, I found I didn't have the bellow attached properly. So those two sheets were shot. So I quickly set everything back up, tossed in another film holder and fired away.

2015-11-112009.12.15.jpg

Only after I developed the film did I realize I forgot to check focus.

Oh lol Sparky!

That's funny and I'm surely think of it when I mess up :)

Darn.. To late to take part in this one. Enjoy the camera mmaria!

well hellooooooo peeps!

I've been away for awhile ... Some unplanned things happened... I had laser eye surgery a couple of days before I got the camera.
The surgery went well but the recovery time was longer than I expected.
But... my eyes and vision are good now, I started to work, and can use computer again :)

Sooo...

I got the package soon after it was sent from USA. I was in another state when it came to my address so I had to wait for a week before I actually got it in my hands :)

package1 (Custom).jpg

oof picture of what was there in the package

package (Custom).jpg

and a non oof phone snap of my present

sparky's camera and films (Custom).jpg

(love that heart thing on the lens cap... I wonder who put it there, what kind of person she was etc :))

and a phone snap of me with my new camera ( I'm soo stiff when someone's taking a picture of me, but you'll forgive me)
with Sparky's camera (Custom).jpg

It's really nice to get such a present an I hope I'll get something decent out of it. I think I'll load the color film first but I'm more excited to try bw film to be honest.

What else could I say except THANK YOU! :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:
:bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back