Who was your photo-Yoda?

It's cool to see how varied everyone's experiences have been.

Totally self taught. Never had a lesson, and only own one photography book.
I joined TPF back in 2003, when I got my first camera. Unfortunatly, all of the people who helped me through my beginnings, have moved on to greener pastures but without their help I would have been lost.
Today, I follow my own path and see where that leads.

I taught myself everything i know, (shooting wise) it's in my blood. I had a lot of inspiration from looking at all the photos my grandfather took as I was growing up.

The first person to say "Ken Rockwell" is getting banned. :)

Ive liked photography since i was 10 and I got to use my dads Canon Ae-1 at the zoo. I then borrowed it a lot and used my allowence to by film for the thing...but then he went and sold it and bought my mom a digital point and shoot camera. Thata kinda ruined it for me...untill the camera came in the mail. I played with the camera and got bored of it. I still am bored of it.
Then for my 11th birthday...i bought myself a Yashica Electro 35 and the guy was nice enough to give my a 20 dollar sicount off a Olympus Trip 35 too. So I got those 2 cameras. That got me back into photography.
For Chrstmas this year, my parents bought me a Nikon FM10, 36-72mm f/3.5 and an 80-200mm f/4. I traded the 36-72 for a 35-105 f/3.5 and a flash at the place my parents got the camera.

Thats my story....

My "yoda"has been google, ken rockwell, this forum, Matt Foote (website: New Page 1 he has some pictures of his store i got my camera from and his own gallery) and a lot of trips to CVS and Kmart to buy film and devolop it.

Most reactions

Back