Who wins?

What camera do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nikon user here. But who wins is us as long as they have to keep competing with each other.

Nikon user here. But who wins is us as long as they have to keep competing with each other.

Truer words have not been spoken.

Want to know who loses though? Sony users. Seriously the company has a history of raping consumers for a few cents profit. Charging PS3 owners $125 for warranty repairs; Putting software amounting to a root-kit on their audio CDs in the name of piracy prevention, saying it's safe, and then having a very nasty bit of malware come out abusing the stupid system; Rushing the poorly defined Bluray spec to the market only to start losing to HD-DVD, change the spec to be more favorable effectively making all first gen Bluray players unable to play new movies; How about revoking the BD+ keys with every new movie release to "stop" pirates, only to have the movie show up on bittorrent anyway, but cause me the hassle to have to download a patch for PowerDVD; or that time when they ...

I voted for Nikon and Canon.

I'm currently an all Nikon user, but in the next few days I'll be ordering a Canon 7D.

Though, I'm going to stick to my Nikon 35mm stuff so I guess I did vote appropriately.

i think canon & nikon are equally good. they are both the best brands, and people cant go wrong with either brand. i chose canon based on the fact that more of my friends use canon, so i can swap lenses with them, the fact that i recognize the canon name better, and i prefer red over yellow :p

I was all about Nikon until recently.

I've been looking forward to this month for like 2 years knowing I'd have to make a body upgrade for school. Since then I started working at the newspaper and shooting a ton of cool stuff, and some fairly big events. I planned on buying a D90 until I got to use one in the real world a few times and decided I needed something a little more advanced.

The D300s and 7D came out and I started reading up on both of them, knowing it was going to be one or the other. The more events I started shooting for the paper, the more I saw that the pros around me were ALL using 1D bodies and L glass got me more interested in Canon and after doing alot of reading, and video watching, and magazine reading I decided to jump ship, join the darkside, and buy a Canon.

But for the record, I dont think either company is any better than the other. I just think Canon has the edge in the $1600-2000 range right now and that was my price bracket, so it looks like I have a long road of Canon ahead of me.

I think this is more of a marketing thing, Nikon really focuses on marketing to beginners/hobby photographers and who is on this site more? Pros or Beginners? Obviously people just starting out. Yet Canon makes amazing high end bodies, but they dont focus on the lower end bodies, thus marketing to more high end photographers.

Still going to be interesting, im tired of this Canon Vs. Nikon they are both good! :lmao:

Nikon but i have zero experience with canon. have had a couple pentax film cameras though and really loved em

I voted Canon because that is what I happened to buy used so many years ago. Had I come across a Nikon instead, that's what I'd use now. I love my Canon, but I'm not a brand junkie.

Though my main system is always Canon, I've also used Mamiya, Pentax, Kodak, Vivitar, Polaroid, Minolta, Yashica...

Most reactions

Back