who would you like to be photographed by?

We usually stand behind the camera and lots of photographers are not so pleased to be in front of it. At least, I'm not.

Is there a photographer or photographers who you would like to be photographed by?someone whose work you really like/admire so it wouldn't be a trouble for you to relax in front of his/her camera?

I personaly don't have a single photograph that I could say:"It's nice.It's professional" and in my area there is no one I would like to photograph me... But I do have some photographers that I would be pleased if they could take a few portraits of me.

I'm not pleased to be in front of the camera either (not at all).
So I'd choose Sebastião Salgado (yes, I know... I'm day dreaming...), given my admiration and respect to his work. It would be an honor to learn from him.

I'm not fussed. I grew up around cameras so I'm comfortable enough in front of them. Still can't really "pose" though.

Military man AND knows what cats are good for. I think him and I would get along just fine.
As long as you add drinking beer to that list, then you're golden. Lol.

I was photographed for a local magazine recently. Having to pose and do as I was asked by the photographer and their assistant was a lot of fun; and the journalist who had organized the photo shoot gave me a double-page spread with the photo covering the complete left page and the accompanying interview taking up the majority of the right page. Now I'm waiting to be discovered by Vogue, Esquire or GQ.

Ah, fame...

Military man AND knows what cats are good for. I think him and I would get along just fine.
As long as you add drinking beer to that list, then you're golden. Lol.

Then we are all good. I am glad to sit and drink a beer with any of our service men and women.

Yeah, it's especially puzzling to me if you are a portrait photographer. We say "these memories are invaluable" to our clients and "this is for your loved ones, it's a great gift for your loved ones." And then turn around and let our insecurities undermine that in our own personal lives. Hopefully we've all had a client who, due to our skill at interpersonal relationships we got to open up, and really end up enjoying the session. Why not give that gift to yourselves and your loved ones? Especially considering how much you can learn from the process by seeing it from the other side.
I thought that it isn't fair to ask people to relax in front of the camera while I can't do the same.

..... If you disdain portrait photography in general from both sides of the lens, I can absolutely understand.

I didn't say I "disdain" portraiture. I said it doesn't interest me, that it has no relevance to my circumstances or my preferences. If other people gain positive things from it, that's great. But I certainly don't feel like I'm missing out because I don't have formal portraits of myself or my family. That's different from "disdain."

me no likey formal portraiture from either side of the lens

and when I hear "portrait" I don't think "formal" at all

Most reactions

Back