Whoever said dont go chasing waterfalls? its great fun!

Jono

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, more like streams & a sort of waterfall. Only a couple of pics so as not to bore people too much.

Taken yesterday afternoon in Donard & Tullymore Forest Parks Northern Ireland, first time I have tried to take pictures of stuff like this, results are a bit mixed but dont think they are too bad an attempt:

1:
3708284708_321f2a4de1.jpg

2:
3707489799_7a24241568.jpg

3708389402_9fb4b9139c.jpg

4:
3708322892_e4f1e3e0c7.jpg

5:
3708318254_db30eed7ac.jpg

6:
3707502621_8b5792eb98.jpg

let me know what you make of 'em - and remember its a first attempt so be constructive!
ta

I'm not sure if you moved while taking the picture or left the exposure on too long?? Especially in 2 and 4. They look very blurry to me.

I like pic 3 the best. The picture is sharp and crisp looking and the waterfall looks like it's flowing...it's just too bad that the waterfall isn't bigger.

Keep practicing. That's what I had to do. Not to mention it's fun! ;)

I'm not sure if you moved while taking the picture or left the exposure on too long?? Especially in 2 and 4. They look very blurry to me.

I like pic 3 the best. The picture is sharp and crisp looking and the waterfall looks like it's flowing...it's just too bad that the waterfall isn't bigger.

The idea is to use a slower shutter speed. It adds a motion effect so the shot isn't so boring. I like 'em, good job. I'd like to get some good waterfall shots, but my p&s only goes to f/8 when I need like f/16 or something.

The idea is to use a slower shutter speed. It adds a motion effect so the shot isn't so boring. I like 'em, good job. I'd like to get some good waterfall shots, but my p&s only goes to f/8 when I need like f/16 or something.

:lol: I know this. I can do waterfall shots. I was saying maybe it was left on TOO LONG...because as stated above there were a few that looked blurry. Just like fireworks...if you leave it open TOO long you end up with too many fireworks explosions in the pic which makes it too bright and not as appealing. You can have it on a long exposure but not for a really long long time and still get a great effect. :thumbup: Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Most reactions

Back