KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just finished counting 26 threads (out of 40), requesting C&C on a total of 73 photos here in the Beginners forum section.

That all adds up to asking other forum members to do a lot of work.

Consequently, few are actually getting any worthwhile C&C.

And few will understand the C&C given as well....

Or learn from it....

And isnt this thread just going to distract more? What's the point you're trying to get at exactly.... Don't mean sarcastically, I wanna what the point is.

And few will understand the C&C given as well....

Or learn from it....

well, the two that I posted asking for C&C, I've already learned a bit from.

I actually do want to get better & have VERY thick skin.

I preferred it back when the beginner section was not also a gallery...but unfortunately that was too complicated for most beginners. :roll:

... at least you get some type of feedback. :/

and about 75% are new members from Texas I see.

I just finished counting 26 threads (out of 40), requesting C&C on a total of 73 photos here in the Beginners forum section.

That all adds up to asking other forum members to do a lot of work.

Consequently, few are actually getting any worthwhile C&C.

"Wholly" C&C Batman!!! Pretty darned clever joke there Keith!!!

Yeah, the C&C thing has become just simply HUGE in the Beginner's Forum...I was attributing it to new cameras and the Christmas season, and such. I admit, the FLOOD of requests for C&C has sort of numbed my senses...just...too..many...requests...every...day....they....never...seeem...to...stop....

And do most of them even want the C&C...they ask for it...but I don't think they understand what will happen to their egos upon asking...

I came to this forum to learn more about photography.

What I seemed to find (on my scratch at the surface thus far), mostly people looking for a pat on the back for some snap shots they've taken. I get the sense that not a lot of people actually take the time to read and research on their own, but take a sort of ass-backwards approach where they shoot, and ask "AMIDOINITRITE?"

It's not their fault, but I think is a result of how easy it is to pick up a digital camera these days and start shooting.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else, but I think some people need to evaluate how they are learning to create pictures. Anyone can press the shutter, and if that's all you're doing then don't expect much critique. Learn to create. Learn about your medium, and the variables that affect the outcome. Don't just shoot and ask how you can be better. It's backwards IMO.

One last thing, and perhaps the most important. When you ask for C&C on your picture, you will get C&C on your picture. That includes subject (your kids, your muse, your dog, your whatever), or what ever else you decided to take a photo of. If someone says it sucks, they are saying it sucks, not you personally. They most important thing an artist can do is to separate themselves from their work. If your creations truly are just for you, then don't give them an audience. If you give art an audience, expect a variety of responses and embrace them all.

/2 cents from a noob on here. ;)

Most reactions

Back