Whoo Hoo!-Post Your Photography Christmas Presents

My early present (got it about a month ago)....500mm f/4P.

500.jpg

I got a Ricoh R8, very nice camera.

Nothing. Wife and I don't do Christmas. We concentrate on the kids. Both of them got a small digital camera. Cheap junk cameras, but they are cameras none the less. They weren't from us, they already have my far better quality old digital cameras to use.

I'm pretty excited - I got a monopod that turns into a tripod and it breaks down and has a wonderful compact carrying case. Can't wait to try it out at the barn tomorrow.

Very cool! That lens looks awesome!...And heavy:meh:.

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 to round out my kit

11-16testII020Medium.jpg

Did they happen to be the same cards that ended up being free after rebate. :lol:

That would be hilarious! Funny thing is I never ask for anything but socks and underwear - practical small gifts or consumables at best. No one should feel obligated in my book... but this year I provided a few very specific items, like you do when your 11... Oh well, at least I was able to spoil myself and a few people this year!

Off to upgrade those cards and maybe round out my kit a bit. :thumbup:

-Shea

I got a new head for my tripod, it's amazing! My old one sucked, was the original on the manfotto, but it had a bunch of dial knobs to move it around and they were losing their grip and wouldn't hold the camera still anymore. DH replaced the head with a new ball joint one that tilts and moves and has the plate that stays on the bottom of the camera so it just slips in and out of the base now. Too wicked.
Also got a remote for my Nikon, a SD card and an Advance Photoshop Elements book. Woot!

I got lightroom 2.0, a monitor calibrator that has just about ruined my monitor. I got an external 1 terabyte and a portable 500GB hard drive. I got an ab sd 800 from my mom. I pick what I want too and people buy it. But I want so much its still a surprise.

Back from the shop with a 100mm f2.8! Fun, fast, sharp lens. Ordered a 580ii flash and off shoe cable while I was at it.

Keith, this purchase is your fault! (those freaking test shots).

-Shea

Yesterday I ordered a Bogen 685B monopod with a Swivel/Tilt head and decided to try saving $40 bucks on a SB-800 in E condition. Will update if needed. Since I'm not in a hurry, it should arrive in 7-10 business days. :biggrin:

My birthday is in about 3 weeks........... possibly another lens? Macro is a tempting field yet discovered.

My mom sent me a pair of Vivitar 10x25 binos w/camera. A fun little toy.

Skyport transmitter and receiver set (but getting the right wire required a trip to Radioshack, whatever)! Woot! Now to the learning... :(

Most reactions

Back