Why All the Hate?

unpopular said:
No. Anything with this kind of new wave revival sound is hipster.

And you are unpopular, therefore you must be a hipster as well? Or you an anti-sub-non-conformist?

(though this Casio is as hipster as it gets)

fisher-sc300.jpg

(http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/boombox/golden6.html)

unpopular said:
No. Anything with this kind of new wave revival sound is hipster.

And you are unpopular, therefore you must be a hipster as well? Or you an anti-sub-non-conformist?

I was listening to new wave before it was cool to listen to new wave.

oh wait...

unpopular said:
I was listening to new wave before it was cool to listen to new wave.

oh wait...

Hipster!!!!

trust me. i'm not a hipster.

I just shoot all primes, many of which are vintage.
brew my own beer.
have a beard.
listen to new wave.
own a volvo from when they were still boxy.
shop exclusively at goodwill.
still use vinyl records.
wear vintage Lee and Wrangler jeans.
i never brush my hair, just fuss with it in the mirror with my fingers.
i've been looking for a DVD of Drawing Restrain 9 (pretty sure it doesn't exist)
I actually really like Foster the People, even if I'd never admit it

however, i'm not from new york city, nor have much of an interest in visiting ... and that should count for something, right? plus i have like no friends, and I like it that way... can you even be a hipster without being a scenester?

unpopular said:
trust me. i'm not a hipster.

I just shoot all primes, many of which are vintage.
brew my own beer.
have a beard.
listen to new wave.
own a volvo from when they were still boxy.
shop exclusively at goodwill.
still use vinyl records.
wear vintage Lee and Wrangler jeans.
i never brush my hair, just fuss with it in the mirror with my fingers.
i've been looking for a DVD of Drawing Restrain 9 (pretty sure it doesn't exist)
I actually really like Foster the People, even if I'd never admit it

however, i'm not from new york city, nor have much of an interest in visiting ... and that should count for something, right? plus i have like no friends, and I like it that way... can you even be a hipster without being a scenester?

As long as you realize that all of the previous qualifications allow you to be on the deans list of Hipster University, then yes you can be a hipster without being a scenester.

All this hipster talk...I was just saying to my building super how I live in the Melrose Place of hipster. Boy names like Liam wearing skinny jeans, white t-shirts with a twead scarf and some sort of throwback hat, 3 day stubble and carrying a fair trade organic coffee in one hand and an old tote holding their Macbook Pro, a couple Kashi bars and some pretentious book they found at a thrift store. Oh, and their vintage Schwinn beach bike is locked up with all the other vintage Schwinn's. I will admit that I find myself whistling to Foster the People.

Has anyone read the wiki entry on Hipster? The analysis section is HILARIOUS.

Hipster (contemporary subculture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But honestly, if hipsters bring back "good" into popular music, I'm ok with that. Let's just hope the miller light boozing, haulter top wearing, dub step listening, bath salt addicted jackasses don't get any more popular than they are already.

unpopular said:
Has anyone read the wiki entry on Hipster? The analysis section is HILARIOUS.

Hipster (contemporary subculture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But honestly, if hipsters bring back "good" into popular music, I'm ok with that. Let's just hope the miller light boozing, haulter top wearing, dub step listening, bath salt addicted jackasses don't get any more popular than they are already.

I think you meant Pabst Blue Ribbon. :)

^^^ bwahahahahahahahaaa

how much i HATE skrillex!!!!

aaronlecain said:
This entire thread is making me think I need to find another Photography forum. Members attacking members. This isn't what I got into Photography. I enjoyed talking to like minded people that enjoyed photography together. Good luck to you all.

Don't Feed The Trolls.

um.....where's the forum where everyone strokes each others back? Oh..that's where the good photographers hang out!!! adios

dyxum.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back