Why am i stuck with basic computers in school?

PreludeX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its so easy, i hate it... the teacher has no clue what hes doing in photoshop(from what i can tell) and everything is easy.. how hard is it to make a cd cover in photoshop? not hard at all, holy cow! or a flyer at that... ugh.... sorry guys just had to vent somewhere lol...

When I started high school in '94 they still had a room full of old BBC's! :shock:

It was fun to electrocute people with the static on the screens. :twisted:

sorry but I didn't get you :p you've got problems with teacher or the teacher with you? or you just hate teacher and comp. classes? :p sorry mate :p

the teacher has no clue about macs, and photoshop at that... the class is just way to easy... i pay 1000 dollars for this class for one quarter and its really super easy.. gahhh

ghhh and will you get some kind of certificate after the term?
do you need it? if no... run away!!!!

its a prereq to my intro to computer graphics, and then digital image manipulation... WHY BASIC COMPUTERS? all it is, open, close, make a flyer, go home... IM GONNA GO INSANE!!!

I understand Pre...i remember taking the intro classes...it drove me nuts to be sitting next to the non majors and having to cut and paste construction paper. Just hang in there... get your work done in advanced and use the time to do better things. Bfore ya know it the prof. will be looking to you for advice.

mygrain said:
I understand Pre...i remember taking the intro classes...it drove me nuts to be sitting next to the non majors and having to cut and paste construction paper. Just hang in there... get your work done in advanced and use the time to do better things. Bfore ya know it the prof. will be looking to you for advice.
haha he already has looked for some from me... hes not to great on macs or photoshop, hes a pc guy and is really super good with flash.... im hangin tho.. cant wait till its over also!!!

I've had the same problem dealing with final cut pro here at my campus...knew wayyyyyyy more than the teacher and she even admitted it. Yet wouldn't get around what she knew to allow us to do things differently...ticked me off, but hey at least you know you're gonna get an A!!!

eromallagadnama said:
...ticked me off, but hey at least you know you're gonna get an A!!!

Indeed- good point.

I made a really cool website in Computer Studies once... and I had heaps of fun doing it...

I was away on the day we chose what subject the page was going to be on, so my teacher and friend decided for me... They gave me "Trees have feelings" which they picked out of the top of their heads to annoy me. But I didn't care... sounded fun...

I went around and took photos of people breaking tree's and branches, and standing on grass, etc...

I did a nice site that worked well and looked reasonably classy. (I believe a nice plain site looks good...)

Well anyway, I was really happy - my teacher loved it...

Unfortunately - they were judged by the head of computer studies... and because i didnt have ugly marquees (the things that bounce backwards and forwards on the page), she gave me a C. (for those who don't know, a C is a pass, but not very good... i was expecting an A)

I was so angry - and the teacher said the reason for it was that I had previous knowledge and therefore she expected better. Meanwhile people with grose colour schemes and ugly marquees got A's...

I was so angry - and I really think I should have faught it, because I don't think they are allowed to mark you on what you already knew.. Moreso, what you learnt from the class...

(I did really bad in Modern History - But they didn't give me any credit for not knowing anything about history!)

stupid school

Most reactions

New Topics

Back