Why are exposure times so long if light travels so fast?

You need to get out more often...........

Wait... what? Andromedan, you say? Did your blood turn to powder?

Wait... what? Andromedan, you say? Did your blood turn to powder?

No, but my eyes watered a bit. However, that may have been due to the wind. On the other hand, after your body has absorbed a 2-million year old photon, you do get nostalgic. :alien:

So, it would, like, not be cool to mention my 7-hour pinhole exposure and confuse the OP further, would it? :D

Ah why not. But you may have to explain that you were operating your camera at f/320 or something like that. Now the really cool experiment would be to set up a two pin-hole camera and see what light pattern emerges. That would REALLY confuse the issue, what with the creation of interference patterns and so forth.

Oooh, two pinholes!

*strokes imaginary beard in thought*

I can only think of one possible answer - Einstein was wrong and the Bird indeed travels faster than light.

Seriously since light is so fast we can assume it went from the subject to the sensor instantly. However, when it gets to the sensor it has to take time for the sensor get a good impression.

Next person who brings this thread back will be punished.

well the sensor doesn't want to just jump all over the light ya know. it wants to take time, get to know the light, get acquainted before it lets the light in to be absorbed. And it likes to go slow in increments. .

well the sensor doesn't want to just jump all over the light ya know. it wants to take time, get to know the light, get acquainted before it lets the light in to be absorbed. And it likes to go slow in increments. .

So what you are saying is that all images have a little Barry White embedded in the coding.....

Or maybe some Marvin Gaye. Push your camera's little button and it starts singing "Let's....get it on."

Most reactions

Back