Why are you here?

This is ridiculous. You are telling me how to respond to posts? People can respond however they want. Take it or leave it. Giving CC actually will HELP the OP, telling them it's a great picture when it isn't, Does. Not. Help.
I've never once seen anyone say, "that picture sucks".
And to tell me to post a link rather than tell you to search for the answer? Why should I take my time to search for that post then post the link rather than tell you to search? Newbies to any forum should be told to search first, the answer will be there. I find it ignorant to tell me that in the time it took me to type out my response on telling them to search for the answer, that I could have just told them the answer. I find it ignorant that some people think it's perfectly acceptable to be handed everything to them, rather than work for it.
PS, I just saw the post that riled the OP up, the "lame" comment?
Let me give my opinion about "why are you here". I think that photographers come to this forum to learn something. They have an idea of what this place should be like. Then we have people who have no desire to become a "photographer" who come and post snapshots. Which is fine and all, they have their place. They are two different creatures though.

Last edited:
you hit the nail on the head here.. we all give out opinions, then we move on.. you state your opinion then ***** when I dont renig on my orignal comments... I don't agree with your standpoint, and your not going to change that, no matter how many times you say the same thing over and over again... you are entilted to your opinion, but you dont need to repeat the same thing over and over again... thats what upsets people

I am arguing/defending this time. Sorry. Can't defend myself with a person blocked!;)

I suggest you go back and review the first topic. You replied to OP first, My first reply was in general to the OP and not once did I mention a name. Several posts inbetween. Your second reply then mentioned me specifically, and again tried to prove your point. My second reply I still did not mention any names (or insuuated any) and it was somewhat different from my first post, as in hey maybe we are all wrong, what about this. Your third reply was directed at me with arrows. And had nothing what so ever to do with the thread? It was not till after your third comment that I started arguing! And I still never used anyones name!

The facts are YOU decided to force your point! And YOU called someone out, or at least directed non-topic related information! In my third post, I still did not mention any names!

Hell I even apologized at the end of it! And you followed up ending with ...no point arguing with someone! My next post was to the OP not to take things personal, that people one side or the other had good intentions. I STOPPED!!! I did not reply to your last dig!!!

Then it cooled off, and someone else started up.

Matter of fact, when it started up again, I replied to someone quoting / replying to me! And that was after 3 people took the same side as you (after a short feel good period) I STOPPED!. And when I did reply I still did not mention any names. And was replying to the poster that was replying to me! I did not start spouting in general to everyone on the board. I was not preaching my way or the hiway. I did leave it alone!!! It was a REPLY to a specific REPLY to ME!

Last edited:
Sorry,

Bad choice of words or lack of propper typing. I never meant that anyone HAD to post a link. It was meant to be a suggestion to be polite! As for the picture sucks comment, that was in general terms! But matter of fact just recently LAME was used! And I clearly stated, if you don't want to give an answer, why post at all? So, no where did I say anyone HAD to provide a link, or answer a newby question, or not reply at all! If you read it that way. Then it's my fault that I don't know how to type it out better!

My whole attitude is why not just be nice and go the little extra? Be nice to people who have not yet asked for critical comments or ask question 1,000 people before them have. How does a newbie know a question has been asked? Everyone has to assume the question has been asked and needs to search first?

Basically I am getting flamed and tied into being a complainer for suggesting (mabye many times, due to responding to several people) why not be nice? I don't get it. And I did not start the thread. I responded with my input. Which I guess since I was involved in 2 other treads (I also did not start) there is a limit I am not allowed too respond to another?

Sorry,

Last edited:
Sorry,

My whole attitude is why not just be nice and go the little extra? Be nice to people who have not yet asked for critical comments or ask question 1,000 people before them have. How does a newbie know a question has been asked? Everyone has to assume the question has been asked and needs to search first?

Why not be nice and go the little extra? Because then I'd be here all day answering the same questions over and over again. Because they are repeated. Daily. It really does help the newbie out to be directed to the search function. There is a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered.
How does a newbie know a question has been asked? C'mon. It's the internet. A newbie comes here to ask questions, do they not stop to think that newbies before them have asked questions and received answers? Google is one big question asker and the answers are what you get when you do a search. It's the exact same thing here!
Yes, you should assume the question has been asked first. Newbies or veterans alike. I ALWAYS do a search first. But that's just me.

Can I just say.....thank you so much to the "regulars", the "oldies" (if you will)....the ones 'in the know'....who have helped me and aswered questions along the way. And to anyone who has ever given me a constructive critique...thank you, thank you.....it's much appreciated!!

:O)

Why not be nice and go the little extra? Because then I'd be here all day answering the same questions over and over again.

Why do you act like if a newbie question comes up, you have to answer it? There are thousands of people on here. Why do you feel if you answer 1 persons newbie question, you will have to answer all of them? If you feel like answering 1. Then answer it. If you don't skip it and the others. Like others have said it's our choice. I agree with that. And I never said don't tell them to search! I said, why not give them some more information as well.

My original post was a person did a big paragraph and basically said search. In that entire time frame he could have answered, as someone later did. So, if I feel that, that is not nice. And posted about it. I am wrong! I have to act the way (some) others do? Becasue they don't want to answer them?

Well, this type of thread ....... arguing or discuss, if you will, about search .. or helping new users here. I'd seen few times here since I join (late march this year) this forum.

In the world of open forum. This type of things (like same questions being answered thousand times) will pop-up every now and then. And nothing you and me can do about it. As long as this is an open forum, it will happen again and again. And because of that, thread like this one will appear again and again as well. :)

So, just take it easy. move on and enjoy your stay in here. Really, no reason to be up sad or anything. :p

Okay .. if anyone really want to blame someone .. Blame me .. :er: Why? I don't know .. just for the heck of it. Just remember, life is short, no need to wasting your wonderful time over something like this.

"Don't worry, be happy!"

I'm new to this Board, and also belong to several other ones, Metal Detecting, Fishing and kites, We all become members for many different reasons but I know for a lot, it is for knowledge and to make new Friends that have similar interests. For most of us we do not mind helpful Criticism, but on the other hand we do not like to be attack or insulted, this just makes us hesitant to post. what keeps free boards like this around is the number of Hits, Members and advertisers. If we scare the newbies away this Site will no longer be. All we have to do is treat others the way we would like to be treated. By joining this forum I hope to make new friends and gain some more knowledge and advance my Photograph skills.

So ....... BIG Welcome to this forum! :)

Why do you act like if a newbie question comes up, you have to answer it? There are thousands of people on here. Why do you feel if you answer 1 persons newbie question, you will have to answer all of them? If you feel like answering 1. Then answer it. If you don't skip it and the others. Like others have said it's our choice. I agree with that. And I never said don't tell them to search! I said, why not give them some more information as well.

My original post was a person did a big paragraph and basically said search. In that entire time frame he could have answered, as someone later did. So, if I feel that, that is not nice. And posted about it. I am wrong! I have to act the way (some) others do? Becasue they don't want to answer them?

I DON'T act like I have to answer it. Where the hell do you see that? I enjoy answering questions here. I enjoy participating. It just gets to be too much to see the same question over and over again.
No, you never specifically told someone not to tell them to search but TWICE you said we should just post a link! If there is extra information to give, I'll give it. But it it can be answered by the poster doing a search, I'll tell them to search.
Take you own advise. If you don't like what you see, skip it.

I DON'T act like I have to answer it. Where the hell do you see that?

No, you never specifically told someone not to tell them to search but TWICE you said we should just post a link!

Take you own advise. If you don't like what you see, skip it.

Because you said it :
Originally Posted by rubbertree
Why not be nice and go the little extra? Because then I'd be here all day answering the same questions over and over again.

Technically you did not say everyone. That is true. But you did infer you would have to spend your whole day doing it! Which would be alot of replies!

Again you are reading into it way too deep!

Normally when a person says "Lets say" it is taken as an Idea! Its an option, something else, how about this, etc... It is not a demand, it is not an order! I started the very first paragraph that I said Link in it with " Instead of that Lets Say". No where did I demand or order anyone to do anything! And if you do find me demanding something, I will go back and edit it immediately! As it would be wrong to say!!

Matter of fact in the first topic I never demanded anything either. Nor in the second. I have never demanded anything. I never TOLD anyone they could not do anything. The whole first topic flared up becasue I and a couple others said someone COULD do something!!! And I never started the argument!! Everytime someone quoted me or mentioned my name first! A couple quoted me and said flat out said- "YOUR WRONG" . I never told anyone specifically by name or group they were wrong!!! And I am the bad guy? I am not allowed to disagree apparently?

Thanks

Last edited:
It's time to.........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE"]CLICK[/ame]

Oh dear, there are about three threads here that seriously need to die! So let's all stop posting...starting...now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back