Why brag about 70D?

There are many Canadians who brag about their country's skunky, so-so macrobeer like Molson's...as if it were somehow better than the swill that it really is... they even have some hockey fans that talk up the Edmonton Oilers too... people brag about the dumbest chit...the 70D is LEAGUE'S better than Molson's skunk water or those icky old Oilers... :meh:
Hey, hey Derrel don't disrespect us up here north of ya.
Thank god I really don't like Hockey, I think its as stupid as American football.
As for beer There are some good American beers out there but my favorite is Sleemans Cream Ale and not because its Canadian but because it taste best for me.
what do you mean you don't like hockey?

A 70D huh? Wow, my 40D and I are out of the loop!

Oh, did I mention how awesome my 40D is?
It takes pictures!
And when I expose and focus correctly, the pictures look great!
My 40D roxorz!!!1!one!

Gawd, the 40D is sooooo 2007.

Well when I came to Canada I had the dubious honor to work for almost a whole year in a Hockey rink.
I ran the ammonia system was the Zamboni driver and lots more.
In the beginning I didn't get the appeal of the game, I come from a warm climate country and Hockey isn't exactly big in my home land, my co workers told me I will grow to love the game and sadly it was just the opposite.
I couldn't believe the amount of violence on the ice, there wasn't a day I didn't had to scrape blood of the ice with the Zamboni.
I don't like violence, god knows there is enough of it outside the rink and I just don't get the attraction of grown man putting armor on their bodies holding sticks in their hands getting on the ice and starting to beat each other till blood comes out even rendering them unconscious in some extreme cases.
In times it looked like people got on the ice, got into a fight and sometimes a Hockey game would start.

It never stooped to amaze me how really nice people would sit and talk to you and then the moment they put the armor on and get on the ice they would transform into the HULK, rage, anger and violence.

Well when I came to Canada I had the dubious honor to work for almost a whole year in a Hockey rink.
In the beginning I didn't get the appeal of the game, I come from a warm climate country and Hockey isn't exactly big in my home land, my co workers told me I will grow to love the game and sadly it was just the opposite.
I couldn't believe the amount of violence on the ice, there wasn't a day I didn't had to scrape blood of the ice with the Zamboni.
I don't like violence, god knows there is enough of it outside the rink and I just don't get the attraction of grown man putting armor on their bodies holding sticks in their hands getting on the ice and starting to beat each other till blood comes out even rendering them unconscious in some extreme cases.
In times it looked like people got on the ice, got into a fight and sometimes a Hockey game would start.

It never stooped to amaze me how really nice people would sit and talk to you and then the moment they put the armor on and get on the ice they would transform into the HULK, rage, anger and violence.
don't know where you were the Zamboni driver .but you are over exaggerating i would say. Now being born and brought up in Canada , spending my winters on the ice playing since i was 4 years old until i just stepped down from playing mens hockey ,I was a physical Defensemen and never dropped my gloves once , never bled or caused bleeding .It is a very fast paced game that is physical and yes stuff is going to happen when people compete physically.However it is a game you can truly only understand if you play it regularly and is part of your culture .I do understand it is not in yours :D

ive been using my 70D a lot at events. Being an average pic taker I feel important when Im using my DSLR and I must say I look pretty good with my 70D on me lol. I get compliments with some of my shots, so its a great feeling owning one.

I currently have a Canon T3i and while I love it there is a big difference between the two.

As someone who has started to shoot a lot of High School Sports all around my State a lot of these games take place at night and my Canon T3i can not get the greatest of shots. I always have to edit them after the event to make them look good which can be very annoying and take up a ton of time when you have to do this for every shot you took. To determine if I wanted to pick up a Canon 70d I rented one out for a few of my events and noticed a huge difference. I could take shots with little too no noise at 6400 ISO which was very nice. It also really helped in the gym. If you haven't been in a High School Gym recently lets just say the lighting is atrocious. Don't get me wrong, in about a month when I pick up a new 70d I will still use my T3i for a ton, just it won't be my "main" camera.

Luke 345678, have you took in consideration the 6D, it's a much better camera for low light performance and the price is close to the 70D tight now.

don't know where you were the Zamboni driver .but you are over exaggerating i would say. Now being born and brought up in Canada , spending my winters on the ice playing since i was 4 years old until i just stepped down from playing mens hockey ,I was a physical Defensemen and never dropped my gloves once , never bled or caused bleeding .It is a very fast paced game that is physical and yes stuff is going to happen when people compete physically.However it is a game you can truly only understand if you play it regularly and is part of your culture .I do understand it is not in yours :D
I guess our experience is different, the rink where I worked violence was a big part of the league they had to a point where to me it looked like some of the players came to fight and not play hockey.
Midnight shiny on the other hand was very calm with zero violence.
Not understanding the game is one thing and violence is another.

Of course Mgjaria, your camera is a great camera, it's build like a tank. I was really close to buy the 7D before I bought the 70D, the decision factor was the improvement in the live view, so my wife could use it with more ease.

I recently rented the 70D for a wedding as a second body and I came away pretty impressed. The AF was fast and accurate, shoots fast and buffers pretty well. I was also pleased to see a 'semi-silent' shutter mode which was cool. It wasn't as quiet as my 6D but still nice. I had a 70-200 f/2.8 IS II on it and I was very pleased with it.

Most reactions

Back