why cant trish get his crap together?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by MDowdey, Apr 5, 2004.

?

Why cant i get my act together?

1. Dropped on head as a kid

42.9%
  2. Too busy to stop and smell the roses

7.1%
  3. just stressed!! take a chill pill!!

35.7%
  4. in the wrong line of work

14.3%
  1. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

Recently it has been brought to my attention that im hopeless and cant even balance my checkbook. funny as that may be, i work at a bank, and thats just pathetic. im not happy doing anything for more than 20 minutes, and i would rather have a root canal than be in a social situation, whats wrong with me?

someone help...please...

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I voted for #1, speaking from experience...

3. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

hmm, well honestly I think the last two kinda go together. If you are not happy at work which I'm sure causes you stress or is your source of stress then your life in general is going to blend in and you are not going to be happy. Maybe a change is what you need, are you looking for other work on and off or not really?

:hug: hope things get better for you.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

the problem with the job is that I cant get paid ANYWHERE else like im getting paid at the bank. Im trapped.

and yes, for clarity's sake, i was dropped as a kid.

md

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What do you like to do? Once you figure that out, try to find a way to make a living at it. If that's not possible, just try to make the best of the job that you do have.

Being social is one of those things that you never really get comfortable doing it until you do it for a while. :D

Good luck!

6. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

mm, I hear ya...Sorry...I know how you feel though..I was in a job that paid really really well, and received a lot of experience..Unfortunately they outsourced practically our whole company and had no use for my services any more, and now that experience unless backed up by a degree is useless so now I'm getting paid half of what I made. But actually a lot less stressed so I guess it was good all around.

but honestly I hope it works out for you...

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah, we're all whores for a paycheck, honey....the sooner you get some inner peace with that and just do the damn job without letting it eat up your soul, the better you'll feel. We're a nation of whores, you know? And I mean that in the most benign way possible. We get into the jobs we do for various reasons, but when the inevitable disillusionment comes, it takes a while to come to grips with it.

Do your job. Take the paycheck. Do things with your money that make you happy (like you're already doing, I hope).

Forget the rest, babe. It's life in the free world - rock on. :hug:

8. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good advice from Terri.

Of course if you can find a job where you are free to spend a lot of time hanging out here and other internet forums... :wink:

9. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i hear what your saying terri, and i agree, but Im held so damn accountable for everyone elses actions at work. when they say supervisor, they mean it. I have weekly audits, Im responsable for 300,000 dollars daily. I have angry clients(EVERYDAY), and I never get one G** D*** word of thanks from anyone. there has to be something else. Im smart(i think), im talented...why am I so damn trapped.

and yes i am a whore, a man whore!!

md

10. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Sounds like I need to hook you up with my friend kim! She's a bank manager too (well asst, but sounds like she does all the work) and man the stories she tells about crazy customers n all that...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, Matt. :hug::heart::hug:

11. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks?!? Since when does a manager ever get thanked?? :LOL: I've been in management for over 12 years, and yeah, with the nice check comes, not only the additional stress from *responsibility*, nothing but bitching, moaning, snarling, whining, complaining, and let's not forget attitude. :wink: Some days aren't as bad as others, but really - maybe you're finding out that you're just not cut out for it.

There's nothing wrong with taking your hands off something you really don't like, whoredom notwithstanding. :p There ARE lots of things a capable young man like yourself can do. Call a few headhunters - looking is free! :D

12. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

holy crap. :shock: :shock:

ive never really thought of it that way...I kinda took it as a direct test of my interlligence and apptitude. now that youve said that, it doesnt seem like thats the case, it just not what im made to do...

and i really only posted this so i could get the hugs and kisses emoticon from orie...

just kidding

md