why cant trish get his crap together?

Why cant i get my act together?

• Total voters
I got it thru my book club. But here's the amazon link, if you want to read about it.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761123695/qid=1081199951/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/102-0483308-0103351?v=glance&s=books&n=507846[/ame]

I would be happy to loan it to you, if you want to pm me your address.

Good paying jobs are hard to leave. Having worked at jobs that pay well while screaming on the inside for the duration of the work day, I can tell you, it feels great to be past it. Keep an open mind, there's a world of options out there. :p

im waiting for my ship to come in....i just hope its not the SS minnow

md

It's funny you should make the SS Minnow reference, I used to keep saying it's a "3 hour tour" when I worked by h%$l job.

Hi Matt!
If you ever figure out what you want to do for a living please let me know because I'm still trying to think of something.
There's a famous quotation (can't remember by who) that says most people live "lives of quiet desperation" and god but that's so true.
The bottom line though is that it's all in the mind, cultivate a detached attitude and look on irritating people and situations as though you're seeing them on TV and you'll probably ending up laughing. If nothing else when put in perspective they make great anecdotes to relate over a cold one with friends.
At the end of each day think to yourself " I just made another (fill in the blank) dollars towards my (fill in another blank) and they still haven't caught up with me yet!" Makes you feel so ahead of the game.
The final option is to learn Spanish, grab all that money and head for South America. :wink:

Well I guess I will be the yang to this ying party.

If you feel your job is that bad, then leave. I was in a situation where I was making money hand or fist, at an extremely young age. Alot more then I should of be making at the beginning and a lot less then when I left. There was a management restructuring and I got the raw end of all the deals. So I left and when to a company I knew would do two things for me. First, a place I didnt dread coming to work everyday. It had gotten to the point of making me physically ill dealing with things at work. I rarely had or do get sick, but for the time before I left I was sick a lot. Secondly, I felt released from the daily grind of things. Some would say it gives you an empowering feeling to break from the corp culture or what ever one calls it. I would not go that far.

I could go on more about it but I would suggest you leave, if the only reason you stay is the money. Life is to short to be indentured to a paycheck, for there is always money out there.

But if you do find a solution for the 20 min thing, let me know cause I get bored by things as easily

MDowdey said:
and yes, for clarity's sake, i was dropped as a kid.
Ditto. I have the dent to prove it. :crazy:

You might want to check out the book What Color is Your Parachute? and the corresponding website

I've had to deal with stereotypical ADHD issues most of my life, so I understand where you're coming from with that. I don't think there's anything wrong with having toubles doing things that most people seem to find easy. There are a lot of things I'm extremely good at that most people haven't a clue where to start with. The trick is to find what suits you and not worry about what's supposed to be good for the average person. Don't make promises based on what you think you should be able to do.

Recognize your weaknesses and find a support net for them. Recognize your strengths and use them to their utmost. Forget about "shoulds" and concentrate on what you want out of life.

I wish it was easy to do as it is to talk about, but the more someone practices it, the easier it is.

Trish,
Let me tell you from personal experience that you are NOT doing yourself any favors staying in that job.

I worked for a major retail pharmacy chain. We were the #4 store nationwide, seeing 700-1100 people per day. The DM and Regional couldn't stand each other, and since we were the DM's biggest money maker, we were always the target for the Regional's fits.

Well, finally, something happened that gave him a very flimsy excuse to fire all 5 of us pharmacists. I took a $10,000+ paycut coming over to the hospital, and I wish every day that I had quit a year ago and come here sooner! The stress level reduction is more than worth the pay cut.

While I don't recommend doing it the way I did :wink: , I do recommend finding something that will pay you enough to live on, and GET OUT while you still have some modicum of sanity (uhh, well, scratch that last part about sanity :wink: ).

Most reactions

Back