Why do you photograph what you do?

I *might* participate, just for fun--but don't count me as one of the 10 to meet the minimum. I can't guarantee right now that I'll be able to follow through.
Your health will improve and you will be better than before. I see you taking many more amazing photo's and inspiring all the many who follow you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much; what a kind thing to say!
Yes, this too shall pass--I'm not too concerned about it, just ready to do something about it and get the pain to stop. Can't really even take photos right now because I can't move around for that long. But in a "big picture" sense, this ain't nothin' but a thing. A pretty little thing, at that.

This is a great idea for someone who recently discovered they enjoy shooting but never really thought about why - like me!
Put your name in the hat brother. Traveler is saying minimum 10... We need you!

For sure I'll give it a go. Now I have to go take the right photo!
There you go! Don't forget the essay part, that appears as important if not more... Now there is 6... FOUR MORE! COME ON PEOPLE? LOL

1. charch
  2. danostergren
  3. db_cr
  4. jcdeboever
  5. mmaria
  6. pixmedic
  7. pjoneil
only 3 more commitments needed.

this are who I think have signed up so far, placed in alphabetical order.
please excuse any minor mistakes or non-capitalizations (I'm working with a poorly functioning memory today)(mine, not computer)

Let me emphasize again, the picture is for illustration, what the contest is really about is why you chose the particular kind of photography you do. Not the mechanical or economic reasons, but the intellectual and emotional reasons.
What drives you?
What rewards you?
Why is this niche different from others?

If you like, I will write and post an example.

Last edited:
I'll join in, too!

1. charch
  2. danostergren
  3. db_cr
  4. jcdeboever
  5. mmaria
  6. pixmedic
  7. pjoneil
  8. raj
  9. achaicus
  10. waday
terrific.

I'll make a new thread,recap the instructions and you all can post your pictures and essays whenever ready.

Lew

Most reactions

Back