Why do you shoot?

Flying RC airplanes is expensive. You WILL crash, necessating the purchase of more equipment/aircraft. I would probably be flying RC instead as I would be able to do that.

I also did the RC airplane thing for awhile, but got bored quickly.

To get the girls...
:lol: So is this working? Because it never has for me as a general rule.
You know I really dont know because I have been shooting on&off since I was 9. I just enjoy it is probably the reason. If I didnt I wouldnt do it.

For the women. I enjoy the time behind the lens. The time you spend looking through the viewfinder and the end result. That's why I do it.

:lol: So is this working? Because it never has for me as a general rule.

I'm not sure if it helped me get the girl, but my wife always acts like she's watching paint dry when I drag her along to do photography.

Always liked widlife programs and photos - but never considered that I would be able to take them - that and I am from the digital age rather than the chemical. Darkrooms and chemicals just never appeald to me - that and all the kit the "pros" used to get the shots was way way too much for me.
Then oneday I found out 2 things;
1) digital had appeard - got good and replaced film as the dominant medium for photography

2) I was actually able to afford some of it!

After that other things started getting added in as bonuses which kept me shooting - getting out and about, filling my time with something less geeky and more active (computer games, warhammer, DND, fantasty books - so yes photography is my non-geeky thing ;)), actually getting some shots that don't look half bad and the sense of both achiving and creating something.
The other thing is that it opened my eyes more to some of the world around me - more so than most other things have ever managed to. I have now started to appreciate actually looking at things and events (and not using the camera sometimes) which is something that I was not really able to do; I could look but not enjoy. I guess part of it is knowing that I can (If I choose to) record the sight and preserve it - and I have the hope that oneday I will be able to press the shutter and know what I will get as the result!

Still I have to keep learning to look - still cutting bits off in the frame ;)

When I take a photo, I capture a moment that would otherwise have passed by. I am able to capture that moment in it's best light, literally and figuratively. *hopefully* Then, I can share that with everybody.
Most people will never see what we see, in person. There are places that I would really love to go but I can't. Other people's photos have brought me some happiness by allowing me to at least continue dreaming. :)

I'm in law enforcement. (27 years) It relaxes me and takes me away from the real world. Shooting pictures helps keep me from shooting stupid people. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just got into photography. I got into it for my recently born son. I've always had a camera in my hand or pocket when I travel around but it's always been little cheapo's like the last one I purchased - Sony CyberShot.

With the birth of my son I decided to jump into photography full bore and stop tinkering around with snapshot cameras.

Good stuff, guys. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back