Why does anybody buy from B&H?

Guess you haven't noticed Amazons shipping speed lately. The last 2-3 months they NEVER ship anything until about a week after the order. After firing all the warehouse people last year over the wage dispute Bezos has not replaced those people and the shipping is suffering for it(I have cut way back on orders from Amazon). As for B&H I would bet that any recent orders are delayed by Passover etc. B&H has for years been a consistently fast shipper as far as my experience goes with them.

Oh really? I've never noticed much of a problem with Amazon, but I also have a Prime account, which gives free two-day shipping. I guess my thing is that every time I look up B&H, they're either

A. Closed

B. The item often has to be special ordered and then shipped to me. This applies mostly to niche items like softboxes (since they're are so many different brands/kinds) and booms/stands/jibs. They seem to be pretty good when ordering general stuff like lenses and lighting kits, but I'm a real big deal hunter. I get a high from finding great deals on used gear ala Ebay and Amazon.

An update. I just made 3 orders on seperate days from Amazon. ALL three orders were NOT shipped for 8 or more days. All were Amazon fulfilled orders. This is the norm now with Amazon. Add the shipping time on and you are over 2 weeks before delivery. My response is to search out other sources. eBAy has become a reliable source for on-line stores, and the prices are equal to or lower than offered on Amazon. those are FACTS! Why would you pay for a Prime membership with Amazon just to get what is considered decent shipping speeds?

I'm glad I work at a camera store.................I can just grab it off the shelf and get employee prices.......:headbang:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back