Why does it look different?

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I view my tiff photos through Photoshop they look so nice and crisp however when I view these same files through Nikon Capture they become softer and do not look as nice. Why is this?

It could be a lot of things. Are you looking at tiff files in Nikon Capture, or raw files? Are you viewing them in the same color space? Are you viewing them at the same resolution?

Im looking at Tiff files in both Capture and Photoshop. I have my color space on Photoshop set to US prepress default. Im not sure of the color space Capture is using. The colors though look the same its just the sharpness of the photo that changes. I believe I am viewing them in the same resolution as well.

US prepress default is not a color space. It's a color setting. The RGB color space being used is probably Adobe RGB 1998, which might not be the same color space as Nikon Capture is using. If capture is using sRGB, (a smaller gamut), the color could possibly look flat.

I think that is exatly it. The photos are all in Adobe RGB 1998 and Nikon capture uses a Nikon color space. I printed a bunch out recently and they look very nice,way better than my monitor so problem solved, still nice to know why it looks different though, Thank you

Most reactions

Back