Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by bullitt5561, Aug 24, 2006.

1. bullitt5561

bullitt5561 TPF Noob!

It seems like this happens to alot of my pictures. They are Blurry as hell and the detail is so washed out by the sun (rims). I dont get it, what do i need to do. What do you real photographers suggest?[​IMG]

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    First off, can you resize that photo to something web friendly? Try to keep it under 800 pixels in width.

There could be several reasons why you are getting shots like this. First off, we need to know what kind of camera you have. I brought the image into photoshop and determined through the EXIF info that you have an HP photosmart camrea, and you shot this at 1/128, f/3.9, and ISO 200. Sounds fairly reasonable, but I'd be willing to bet that the poor focus is actually camera shake. There is probably a lot of shutter lag with your particular camera, which could cause the motion blur we see. The camera doesn't seem to handle noise very well either. You should manually set the ISO (film speed) to its lowest setting, which may be ISO 50, or 100. Try using a tripod next time, and the self timer. Also, try to avoid shooting during midday, as the sun will be high, and give a very harsh light that will wash out colors. Early mornings or evenings are more ideal.

3. bullitt5561

bullitt5561 TPF Noob!

Thanks for the advice, and sorry about the first picture, it was big, still trying to get the photobucket thing. Yes camera shake is probably it. What is noise exactly? I did shot these pictures around 7:30 in the evening. It was very low on the horixzon, but what should I do to the ones that turned out well? what would make this look better. Oh and by the way the camera is an HP M417.

THis is one of the better pictures...but still not good enough.
    [​IMG]