ACrossley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alishacrossleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to share my recent blog post. I know we've seen breakdowns like this before, but I was hoping to give a detailed example. I also hope this is educational and informative rather than rude. I'd love your feedback!!!

All the best - Alisha

Why I Can’t Shoot Your Wedding for Free {Part I of II}

Absolutely love this ! Looks like you are doing very well for yourself as a wedding photographer. Your work is amazing !

Nice website.

Please DO NOT post or edit images which are not your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta admit, I rolled my eyes and thought, "here's another self-righteous blow hard", before clicking the link :) . However, the blog was very well written and not overly preachy or rude. Great job.

I enjoyed your blog, well written...I refuse to shoot weddings altogether personally, but that's beside the point, but this could easily apply to most any photography subject that is charged for, although weddings are probably one of the worst for people asking for free/cheap stuff...I don't think people understand how much time and effort is involved in post processing, and all the behind the scenes work that goes on.

I'm interested to see part 2 when you get it up.

Yeah, you nailed the heart of the matter in your explanation for sure AC. Once you do your cost analysis in any business you are able to visually see the strengths and weaknesses in production. Great post.

Stumbled upon this. Would love to see a part 2!

You're doing better than we were. We did our calculations year before last and at that time we were making $15/hr. After that we created a larger package and took very intense marketing/pricing and sales classes.

Nicely written. One thing that sticks out for me is where is Patrick's pay. You say $36/hour for you. What about Patrick. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back