Why I Love Full-Frame

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the past few weeks I've noticed myself shooting a lot of portraits at f3.5, f4, and f5.6, all with similar compression and "look" to a crop sensor body and f2.8 or lower aperture. I've noticed that full-frame allows me to stop down a lens for greater sharpness and yet still have a similar DOF look. I KNEW this before I shot a full-frame
camera, but real world use makes it all much more apparent.

So why do you love Full-Frame?

Jake

Low light .... though I wish it was smaller so when I attach it to my telescope it ain't so big. But when on my new telescope it looks small. So I'm good with that.

I also love the wide angle. Yup, I know you can get a 10mm on crop but I like saving money and getting the older AF-D lenses when appropriate, saves a bunch of money (which isn't FF, but any built in body focus motor)

Low light .... though I wish it was smaller so when I attach it to my telescope it ain't so big. But when on my new telescope it looks small. So I'm good with that.

I also love the wide angle. Yup, I know you can get a 10mm on crop but I like saving money and getting the older AF-D lenses when appropriate, saves a bunch of money (which isn't FF, but any built in body focus motor)

How did I know you'd say low light? [emoji16]

Well I like it in my home "studio" too where when I use my 85 I can actually converse with the person I'm with, instead of "stepping back", beyond the wall behind me where I'd probably be surrounded by dirt.

So more proper perspective too :)

Well I like it in my home "studio" too where when I use my 85 I can actually converse with the person I'm with, instead of "stepping back", beyond the wall behind me where I'd probably be surrounded by dirt.

So more proper perspective too :)

Yeah that's definitely important too [emoji106]

You guys are sure making it difficult to resist.

So why do I resist?

As of now I have other priorities, but the temptation to go full frame is becoming stronger.

Thanks, I think.

You guys are sure making it difficult to resist.

So why do I resist?

As of now I have other priorities, but the temptation to go full frame is becoming stronger.

Thanks, I think.

You're welcome.

awaiting the haters in 3, 2...

There is literally no difference between a FF and a Crop camera if you take all the differences out of the equation.

a $99 P&S is virtually the same as a $299 P&S
and the $299 P&S is virtually the same as the $300 dslr
and the $300 dslr is virtually the same as the $900 dslr
and the $900 dslr is virtually the same as the $2000 dslr

as long as you discount the differences to a trivial status
then the $99 P&S is as good as the $2000 dslr

There is literally no difference between a FF and a Crop camera if you take all the differences out of the equation.

a $99 P&S is virtually the same as a $299 P&S
and the $299 P&S is virtually the same as the $300 dslr
and the $300 dslr is virtually the same as the $900 dslr
and the $900 dslr is virtually the same as the $2000 dslr

as long as you discount the differences to a trivial status
then the $99 P&S is as good as the $2000 dslr

Talk about flawless logic [emoji108]

Added dynamic range...better in low light...and of course that status symbol it becomes when out among the hundreds of other people photographing the fall foliage here in new england with p&s cameras

I think I'll love my ff more when I get more lens. The low light capabilities are phenomenal, so that's my favorite part so far. Also having the extra view from a 50mm makes indoor pictures easier than having to back up with my 50 on aspc. And the Colors/tones I am able to pull out of a raw file makes me drool. Honestly though, since the 50mm is all I have right now, if I am taking a picture of anything except the kids/family, I'm still grabbing my sony with 18-200 an AWEFUL lot more than I want too, and I'm still loving the pictures from it. Will someone tell my husband it's vital to take out a second mortgage so I can get every lens on my wish-list RIGHT. NOW.. He just doesn't get it! ;-)

I think I'll love my ff more when I get more lens. The low light capabilities are phenomenal, so that's my favorite part so far. Also having the extra view from a 50mm makes indoor pictures easier than having to back up with my 50 on aspc. And the Colors/tones I am able to pull out of a raw file makes me drool. Honestly though, since the 50mm is all I have right now, if I am taking a picture of anything except the kids/family, I'm still grabbing my sony with 18-200 an AWEFUL lot more than I want too, and I'm still loving the pictures from it. Will someone tell my husband it's vital to take out a second mortgage so I can get every lens on my wish-list RIGHT. NOW.. He just doesn't get it! ;-)

Don't you have a Df?

Look at lower cost AF-D lenses
that's how I got the ball rolling. There is so much out there and low cost. The Df is only 16mp so you don't have to worry about the problem the d8x0 has with needing the best lenses available.
I bought my 18-35/3.5-4.6 AF-D lens for about $280 I think. A far cry below the 18-35 G at $750. And all the other comparisons are the same price-wise.

Since I couldn't afford high end zeiss and Leica lenses that gives the superb photo-realism and colour density I crave I now go for clinical sharpness that full frames can offer (high mpx and no AA sensor models).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back