Why I love my camera

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My little girl being held by my little brother (who is 25...). I must have missed this when I went through my files.

tegan july 1.jpg

Nikon D600 @ 85mm, 1/200, f4, 400ISO

I'd bring in the crop -- there's nothing gained by leaving the zipper and dead-space to the right of the frame.

Then I'd bump the whites just a bit -- those catchlights should be pure white. I keep seeing it over and over and over lately, people are scared of blowout and introduce gray into images just so it's not clipping.

Interesting take on the catch lights...I adjusted my white and black point like always for BW conversion. I bring them to the clipping point, and then back off a click or two on the shadows and highlights sliders.

I didn't back off here...do you like this better? (and with your crop suggestion, I think...)

tegan july 1 take 2.jpg

yes, much!

Interesting take on the catch lights...I adjusted my white and black point like always for BW conversion. I bring them to the clipping point, and then back off a click or two on the shadows and highlights sliders.

I didn't back off here...do you like this better? (and with your crop suggestion, I think...)

View attachment 143929
What a beautiful child. She is special.

Great picture! And very beautiful little lady! :blush:

Most reactions

Back