Why I shoot in Auto ISO with birds....w/pics

Except I just discovered EC won't work in M exposure mode on the Nikon D810. Will tinker between shutter and aperture priority modes with the auto ISO feature enabled to use the EC controls.
It should. Every Nikon camera I ever shot including the d800 could do EC in manual.. IIRC hold the +/- and turn the thumb wheel?

Nope unfortunately that's untrue I have a Nikon d7000 and thought my camera was faulty because I couldn't change the exposure in Manuel mode, took it to Nikon and they said you can't change it in Nikon you change your exposure meter by changing your ISO.
Try again.. Put your ISO in auto. Then change EC.. It works, I briefly had a D7000.. EC will not change anything if you are in manual and have your ISO set.. But auto ISO is different

Except I just discovered EC won't work in M exposure mode on the Nikon D810. Will tinker between shutter and aperture priority modes with the auto ISO feature enabled to use the EC controls.
It should. Every Nikon camera I ever shot including the d800 could do EC in manual.. IIRC hold the +/- and turn the thumb wheel?

Nope unfortunately that's untrue I have a Nikon d7000 and thought my camera was faulty because I couldn't change the exposure in Manuel mode, took it to Nikon and they said you can't change it in Nikon you change your exposure meter by changing your ISO.
Try again.. Put your ISO in auto. Then change EC.. It works, I briefly had a D7000.. EC will not change anything if you are in manual and have your ISO set.. But auto ISO is different

Ok i will try that Aswell like I said that's what the Nikon representative told me so then you believe the guy lol

works fine for me on a 60D

works fine for me on a 60D
It shouldn't... Very few Canons allow you to change EC with auto ISO in manual.. The 60D is on the shouldn't work list.. Auto ISO should work fine though..

What I don't get is why someone had a problem with this. I use auto ISO (with a max ISO setting), and it's clear others do. Does it make you less of a photog? Nope. There is so much of the elitist "I control it fully manual so I'm better than you" mentalities floating around, and it's both annoying and detrimental. A camera is a tool, every person should know how to use it to capture the best images they can. I don't understand why it's a problem if you let the tool do some of work, so you can maybe focus on more important things.

Why use an electric drill when you could do it with hand tools? Why drive an automatic car when you could have a manual? Why use a washing machine or dishwasher when you could do those by hand?

Oops I either missed that or forget.It is a good one,Very clear and easy t understand.

Most reactions

Back