Why is it that...

DRAMA??? YOU WANT DRAMA??? Well here is Drama for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
baturn said:
Don't like photos of flowers? Don't look.

You're spoiling the fun of this thread.

Last edited:
That lady flower is yummy!!

I was never into flower photos in my previous life of picture making. (see my sig line for some early examples.) But I took up an interest in nature photography recently. Each time I shoot in nature I notice it iprovides a relaxing, enjoyable zen-like meditative state.

It is similar to other movement based meditative activities I enjoy such as mountain biking, skating, skiing, swimming, scuba diving and climbing. And although nature photography may not be as physically demanding as the foregoing sports. Photographing flowers can still get you into some yoga like positions. Especially if you have no right angle finder!

Now, not all areas of mind concentration yield relaxation. While the forgoing areas concentrate you mind, they can also relax it. I can't say the same for paying bill, doing taxes, bumper to bumper traffic or dealing with deadbeat workers. Such areas concentrate my mind as well, but they also burn my ulcer and are far from relaxing. So activities for me can be lumped into 2 camps. Ulcer relaxing or ulcer burning. Photography is ulcer relaxing for me.

Hope you try getting back to basics with nature while practicing your pix taking...maybe you wont be so bitter OP?

spring2lr.jpg

Simply because 99% of photogs are trying to re-create what they saw out there in nature. And they will never make it look as good as nature offers it to us.

So, yes, mishele' images of flowers are the only ones I enjoy here. And most anywhere else.

Grabbed some shots from the underside of the flower instead of the regular side. Sunlight shining through the petals.

$_DSC0058-1.jpg

$_DSC0058-2.jpg

Great images....definitely a better way of looking at flowers.

I just got my macro lens and I'm trying to learn to take pictures of flowers.. Here are a couple of my first attempts.

7173842129_548a577438_z.jpg

7292011870_597a2190be_z.jpg

I just got my macro lens and I'm trying to learn to take pictures of flowers.. Here are a couple of my first attempts.

Very nice.. love the rose!

Most reactions

Back