why is people hating on the D3000

littlemissSissy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I read reviews on the d3000, it seems like alot of people are hating on the nikon d3000, but why? :meh:

The people that are hating on them can't take good pictures and they think it's because they are using the more budget minded model. Let them hate. The D3000 is a good little camera!

People who write reviews on the internet, tend to hate on everything ;)

My guess would be that they are wishing it was more like the higher level models but still with the entry level price.
The D3000 probably looks pretty bad when compared to the D90, D300, D700, D3 etc.

what do yal think i should buy for my 1st camera the d3000 or d40x or d5000 (rather not spend that kind of money thou - D5000)

The D3000 is a great camera. I've had it for a few months now and am in love with it. It's very capable of shooting anything you want.

If this is your first DSLR... buy the D3000... Its that simple and here's why. If you are new to photography, or even just new to DSLR, its going to take some time to get used to the camera and learn the settings. More advanced cameras can be extremely overwhelming to people who are new. If you were thinking about the D5000, I would tell you to save alittle extra cash and buy the D90, which is a far superior camera.

Bottom line, you can get a D3000 for a great price nowadays, and I don't think there is much of a fall off between that and the D5000, the 5000 has live view, and video... (and maybe alittle better burst... I don't remember) Anyway, I personally wouldn't use live view or video... So be that as it may, buy the D3000, and in a couple of years, if you want to upgrade, you can sell the body on ebay and use you existing lenses...

by the way... this is a great buy, because you get the camera body, the two lenses, memory card, case, and what's really cool, you get an instructional DVD on photography and an instructional DVD on the camera...

Costco - $649.99 after $100 Savings Nikon D3000 Up to 3 Frames per Second

by the way, their return policy is 90 days, so if you bought it and weren't happy, you could return it without and restocking fees or any of that garbage... Lastly, look at the 3 reviews of the people who bought the camera...

so do you think i should throw the d40x outta the picture...do you think its too old

Just go with what you have a budget for. Seriously, in the end, you probably wont notice much of a difference between the D3000 or the D40x

We tend to get used to what we have, specially when we have no prior experience with something. The difference between the D3000 and D40x are negligable at best. They are both CCD, they are both similar pixel count, one has a slightly smaller LCD... so get whichever.

Although I would get the D5000 over either of those. Actually, I would not even bother with any of those and just get the D90, but thats me.

Personally, I would... unless you can get some kinda killer deal on a D40x. I mean, I would grab the 3000 just for the bigger screen :) but I would also be willing to bet that the d3000 will be better in lower light, because it seems like with each generation, the cameras are getting higher and higher iso sensitivity and doing it with less noise... So yeah, I'd go with the 3000

thanks yal for your advice, yeah i just don't know if i wanna spend the extra 200 on the d5000, ya know what i mean? but i want this camera to lasts me forever so i won't have to invest in another or i don't want to need to upgrade. lol d90 is way outta the price range! that would break into my shopping budget for clothes and we cant have that lol

costco is a good site, thank you for letting me know about that one... i just wonder how long it takes to ship

Most reactions

Back