why is this camera $13,000

so is it better than a cannon 1d mk4? Do people use it for sports or something?

Probably wouldn't be very good for sports.

With 1.2 seconds between shots (read the specs on the page you linked to), the guys who are shooting 5+ FPS are going to be getting a lot more action shots.

It's best suited for working in a studio.

With 1.2 seconds between shots (read the specs on the page you linked to), the guys who are shooting 5+ FPS are going to be getting a lot more action shots.

Why would someone pay 30,000 for a camera lol. I thought the 1d IV was expensive.

If you dont know, then you obviously dont need one.

Huge MP count and low noise are the main benefits. Often used for fashion/product photography when wall sized prints are going to be made.

Did you notice the size of the sensor?

Full frame (35mm) = 24x36mm

The sensor on that Hassy is 33.1x44.2mm ... 31 MP
And even then, it's not 'full frame' for it's format.

Why would someone pay 30,000 for a camera lol. I thought the 1d IV was expensive.

It is high quality, medium format, classic, and ideal for photo studio shooting of products, magazine covers, or portraits. In a competitive market, where you are making good money, this kind of camera will give you an edge, so it may be worth the price in the long run. Cost is relative.

skieur

Its obviously not a top of the line Hassy, but still, having never even seen such a camera, I would be willing to believe that it delivers extremely clean shoots. These cameras are rarely used above ISO 100 or 200 as most professionals of this caliber have serious lighting setups, so I do not think the sensor size should impact the noise levels too much. Could very well be mistaken though.

Well if $30K is a stretch for you Mimiya has a new one out for $22K and it comes with the 85 f/2.8 kit lens. What a deal.

every UK citizen could've been given three of those cameras for the same amount it's cost our taxpayers to bail-out the banks.

of course, why you would need three of them i have no idea. ..just sayin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back