Why is this light modifier $11,000

Where did you see that price at? Im not sure if amazon carries this kind of stuff. Probably not tho. To high end for just any website. Youll probably have to go to another camera site that i purchase my stuff off of. I cant remember what its called right now but ill find it for you.
Smile.gif

1 meter smaller and the price drops down to $1799.

What does this tell me? As in many products, price is driven by market not by the product's true cost to manufacture. Its $11k because the market is small and those that manufacturer such a product are slim to none.

Those that are critical should try and make one cheaper and market it... it might not be as easy as you think.

Compared to say a $100 tupperware container that bolts on your lens yet produces the same results as strapping a sheet of paper to the flash.

I'm just curious, what piece of equipment are you referring to?

Honestly I forget the brand name now, but it was essentially a Sto-fen Omnibounce for about 5 times the price, and the Sto-fen Omnibounce is basically the same but twice the price of many of the other cheap plastic things you can buy from ebay. The results all seem the same.

With the right client base, price is all relative. Try showing up to a big time commercial shoot with a load of neon colored Alien Bees gear with the cute little bee logo that says "abducted by alien bees.." all over them and see the reaction and it might make more sense. I have 2 television cameras that will fit in the trunk of my car that cost more than my nice house. Price is all relative.

http://theiconicimage.blogspot.com/

With the right client base, price is all relative. Try showing up to a big time commercial shoot with a load of neon colored Alien Bees gear with the cute little bee logo that says "abducted by alien bees.." all over them and see the reaction and it might make more sense. I have 2 television cameras that will fit in the trunk of my car that cost more than my nice house. Price is all relative.

the Iconic Image

I like to show up at big time shoots where I wasn't even hired and show everyone the soft boxes I made out of coat hangers and white trash bags. If there are female models there I usually get lucky after that.

the Iconic Image

I like to show up at big time shoots where I wasn't even hired and show everyone the soft boxes I made out of coat hangers and white trash bags. If there are female models there I usually get lucky after that.

Hahahaha. Score!

Supply and Demand
They have it, you need it, you pay for it

If nobody needed them, they wouldn't exist.

even 8k is too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back