Why isnt my camera focusing with my Fisheye?

alright so ive determined its farther out. have we come to the consensus to order cheap filter off of ebay and take the glass out?
About how far out does it come into focus? If its too far out the weight may damage your lens.

try to find out the distance needed - if its a decent distance away you could consider a bellows instead of the filter rings.

Interesting to hear of the problems with this gear - my experience of Raynox have so far been very good, but I have been working with their macro lenses only
Problem with the bellows is, its designed for lens mount attachment. This is a filter screw on.
NO NO NO its the Raynox mx3000 and i paid 175$ for it. its a good fisheye.

i need real help
Even at $175 the mx3000 is not a real fisheye regardless of the blurb.

It should focus....Return it and get your money back.
This adaptor lens is designed for a video camera. Thats what led me to believing its focus point was different.

First of all, I can't believe how many people are just quick to assume that it is a user error, or that the camera/lenses are broken.

I just bought a raynox mx3000 to use with my nikon d60 and just encountered the problem. As found in this forum, I also found that the focal point is further away, and you have to bring the lense a fair amount away from the camera for it to focus properly. I used 3 uv filters, 1 polarized, and 1 cross-star filter, and an adapter ring, and it still wasnt quite far enough away to allow the minimum focus.

Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss for things to do with it.

Most reactions

Back