Why my photo is darker??

Is the EC function on the OP's camera one which could be inadvertantly activatedby an errant finger?

Can you post the ISO settings for each of the images?

If ISO settings are identical, then the only explanation would be differences in available light (cloud passing, etc.).

No, this weird case only happens few times, not always.. i took good photos with the same camera as well.

And, yes.. the ISO are the same in each image. ISO 200.

@tirediron: What EC function?? I dont understand your question.

Well, i dont think it was cloud passing as she took my pic only few seconds after i took hers. Or, is it related to the focusing? I mean would it make difference if i focused on her eye, and she focused on my body for example?

with canon, the EC function is not easy to apply.

this is a very strange happening . from the metadata a change is being made, the question is how as the OP insist this is not happening, but it isn't logical.

Someone is somehow making a change, unknowning, but a change.

Just a thought but I took some landscape shots and one turned out with a brighter blue sky than the rest. Come to find out that I had forgotten about the polerized filter I had on and I accidentally adjusted it when I manually focused, hence causing a bluer sky but changing all the settings along with it.
Does it ever get darker when you take her picture?

Just a thought but I took some landscape shots and one turned out with a brighter blue sky than the rest. Come to find out that I had forgotten about the polerized filter I had on and I accidentally adjusted it when I manually focused, hence causing a bluer sky but changing all the settings along with it.
Does it ever get darker when you take her picture?

No, her picture never darker than mine. Very strange!!

No, this weird case only happens few times, not always.. i took good photos with the same camera as well.

And, yes.. the ISO are the same in each image. ISO 200.

@tirediron: What EC function?? I dont understand your question.

Well, i dont think it was cloud passing as she took my pic only few seconds after i took hers. Or, is it related to the focusing? I mean would it make difference if i focused on her eye, and she focused on my body for example?

EC = Exposure Compensation; a function which allows you to increase or decrease the pre-determined exposure by a user-specified amount to acheive a certain effect. I had thought it might possible that one of you was accidentally activating this function by the way you're holding the camera, but apparently on Canon camera's, that isn't likely.

Most reactions

Back