Why no sticky for "The Tutorial Thread"?

Tyler Durden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel I have learned more from that thread tonight than the 2 months of actually owning my camera. Does anyone know why its not a sticky?

Its been my experience that people in a position of power usually don't like good ideas unless they are their own. But in this case, I could be wrong.

I believe the usual answer is along the lines of "Many things in photography are subjective, and making any post a sticky is sanctioning it, which may be the wrong thing to do if the opinions on the topic are wrong."

I personally think that's a load of crap, but...

I believe the usual answer is along the lines of "Many things in photography are subjective, and making any post a sticky is sanctioning it, which may be the wrong thing to do if the opinions on the topic are wrong."

I personally think that's a load of crap, but...

Haha, well... Being that I FINALLY FULLY understand aperture, shutter speed, ISO, the difference in settings such as AV,P,M,TV and other small basics I think it would be good thing to do. But I'm only a rookie with an XS, what do I know. :crazy:

Oh, and nice GIR pic!

Its been my experience that people in a position of power usually don't like good ideas unless they are their own. But in this case, I could be wrong.

It's very true you could be, especially as I don't have the faintest idea which thread is being referred to and I can't recall any contact being made to any of the admins/mods to request that this be done.

Care to enlighten me and I can go and take a look.

Most reactions

Back