Why nobody mentioned the new 105f1.4ED?????

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Crap, I have to find out when I see a friend posting test images with his new 105? Nobody even told me Nikon finally released a new lens I might find useful!

Damn! :D

OK,I have been living under a rock a while I guess

Crap, I have to find out when I see a friend posting test images with his new 105? Nobody even told me Nikon finally released a new lens I might find useful!

Damn! :D

OK,I have been living under a rock a while I guess

There is a new 105 1.4mm? Huh.

Oh, and what the hell are you doing under my rock?

I dont speak about it because I think its an underperformer.

Last edited:
he needs more prop blur
:1219: :048: :biggrin-93:

weren't we chatting about the 105/1.4 lens in another thread ?

FYI .... that's one pretty big rock if a gorilla was hiding underneath it ...

Yeah I think it came up before in a thread. It's on my wish list and would replace my 85mm 1.8G.
the 105/1.4
What lenses are you lusting for right now?

unless you meant the prop blur, then that was around the DC flyover event. :)

prop blur or not, if I was Nikon I'd sue that photographer for making images like that and noting my products being used in such careless manner.

I dont speak about it because I think its an underperformer.

So the first rule about the 105 1.4 is we don't talk about the 105 1.4. Ok, I can live with that. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go toss some bleach into the jacuzzi. Better safe than sorry...

[...] So the first rule about the 105 1.4 is we don't talk about the 105 1.4. [...]
YOU can speak about it as much as you want.

I however would probably start a flamewar. Not only Nikon discontinues now the DC lenses which is why I joined Nikon F in the first place back in the day, but also this new lens doesnt even have good bokeh, let alone the DC mechanism. Or even just good overall optical performance.

The only plus: I now finally have to get a DC lens - before they turn into expensive rarities. At least right now people sell them for stupid cheap.

Seriously I've seen a guy sell his AI 105mm f1.8 to pay for the AF-S 105mm f1.4 ...

I have a 135 DC and from all reports and personal observations of my associate this lens has superior focus speed target acquisition and Bokoh

If you think swirly Bokeh is superior to creamy Bokeh, and believe like Thom Hogan that microcontrast can be added later in Photoshop - sure, go ahead.

P.s.: Yeah, flamewar. Thats why I dont wanna talk about it. How do you tell people who buy a 2k$/€+ lens that what they bought is BAD.

I recently checked out a really cheap lens online. I couldnt help but notice that more than half of the reviews have been "well its a good performer for its price but I got X quickly to upgrade from it" or "well its really awful I just dont know why". Just because it was CHEAP.

It was one of these cheap plastic zooms (E-Series I think ?) Ken Rockwell likes to praise without end. I should probably get one of these someday and test them out.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back