Why prints are more satisfying than digital images

So I had it printed on the highest quality museum paper I could find (cost me £60!) and gave it to her.

Marie
by Forkie, on Flickr

£60 for one picture?

Including delivery, yes.

I could have printed it on standard everyday photo paper, but this was museum-grade stuff with coatings and things to make the print really pop. I was advised that the type of paper was particularly good for skin-tones. Which it was. I don't have much technical knowledge about paper, but it was exquisite stuff and the print was utterly flawless.

It was worth it.

EDIT: Just looked at my receipt and it wasn't £60, it was £40. My bad. But still.

Where are you printing it in London?

Lew, that photograph looks very good on my electronic display as well.

You've got the colors working, the poses, and the background, all working quite nicely.

Very good plan to include printing images. I know I do not do this enough.

You guys reminded me. I need to revamp my portfolio. I find that a physical one as opposed to a digital, online portfolio has that tangible feel that adds a touch of professionalism over online portfolios.

You guys reminded me. I need to revamp my portfolio. I find that a physical one as opposed to a digital, online portfolio has that tangible feel that adds a touch of professionalism over online portfolios.

Yup, helps at interviews to having something that the interviewer can physically hold and flip through. A thin drive doesn't really have the same effect.

So I had it printed on the highest quality museum paper I could find (cost me £60!) and gave it to her.

Marie
by Forkie, on Flickr

£60 for one picture?

Including delivery, yes.

I could have printed it on standard everyday photo paper, but this was museum-grade stuff with coatings and things to make the print really pop. I was advised that the type of paper was particularly good for skin-tones. Which it was. I don't have much technical knowledge about paper, but it was exquisite stuff and the print was utterly flawless.

It was worth it.

EDIT: Just looked at my receipt and it wasn't £60, it was £40. My bad. But still.

I don't print in London. I send my images to this company based in Manchester: Online Photo Printing Professional Digital Photo Printing - DS Colour Labs - DSCL

Marie
by Forkie, on Flickr

£60 for one picture?

Including delivery, yes.

It was worth it.

I don't print in London. I send my images to this company based in Manchester: Online Photo Printing Professional Digital Photo Printing - DS Colour Labs - DSCL
I didn't rate dscl you have Metroprint much better Professional Online Photo Printing C Type Prints Giclee Prints Black and White Prints Digitlal Photo Prints and Photo Mounting and Framing High Quality Online Photo Printing Metroprint London - Metro Print

Marie
by Forkie, on Flickr

£60 for one picture?

Including delivery, yes.

It was worth it.

I didn't rate dscl you have Metroprint much better Professional Online Photo Printing C Type Prints Giclee Prints Black and White Prints Digitlal Photo Prints and Photo Mounting and Framing High Quality Online Photo Printing Metroprint London - Metro Print

Thanks, I hadn't heard of them.

Surprised you don't rate DSCL. I adore them. All my prints (which admittedly, isn't many) have been really superb and they're a really helpful bunch.

I'll give Metro a go next time and see how I get on. Thanks for the info.

Marie
by Forkie, on Flickr

£60 for one picture?

Including delivery, yes.

It was worth it.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of them.

Surprised you don't rate DSCL. I adore them. All my prints (which admittedly, isn't many) have been really superb and they're a really helpful bunch.

I'll give Metro a go next time and see how I get on. Thanks for the info.
I tried them a few years ago when someone at our club said they were cheap and ok but I went back to Peak Imaging then tried Metroprint but know all my prints are wet prints

I have a bunch of framed 4x6s on my cubicle at work. I change them out occasionally. Prints rule.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back