Why So Many English Photogs?

Nightsblood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now, before everyone goes nuts with this, let me set the record. Im American but do have an English lineage from both parents and am very proud to be such, so Im not talking down or stereotyping....so...please refrain from the us against them tact.

But, I notice the majority of the online reviews, stories and almost all of the periodical publications in the stores here in America are English made. From that I mean, England, Great Britain areas.

Why is this? Is photography that popular there? Seems odd to me but, dont get me wrong, they are some great publications.

Cheers. (just had to add that)

might be because we are the best ;-)

Ha, Andy, just wait until the Germans get all their texts TRANSLATED (I will start NOW :biggrin: )!!!

Land of hope and glory.....la la la

[SIZE=+1]"Never in the field of photographic knowledge
was so much owed by so many to so few."[/SIZE]

Churchill

I would imagine the popularity per head of population of photography will be the same as the US, maybe they're just....good magazines
I buy AP fairly often (Amature Photographer) English ofcourse, but I gather it is the same publisher but the US edition is completely different.

We are the only nation to manufacture film in England that halves its cost after a crossing the Atlantic, maybe its the same for magazines, AP in the UK is £2.50 or $5.......thats not a choice.....we pay for stuff in £sterling.

:lmao:

Yeah, your magazines here cost us close to $12.00 US. 8.41 Euro, if my maths correct. And, your magazines are LARGER! Our mags pale in size comparisons. Very nice indeed.

Oh yeah....and we have landscapes too. One question...how do you folks take photos when its always raining there? Just kidding.

Oh yeah....and we have landscapes too. One question...how do you folks take photos when its always raining there? Just kidding.

An umbrella helps ;)

or a raincoat.

- trouble is you guys have to drive miles to get there, we can just pop around the corner ;)

Weather wise it sort of speaks for itself that I just bought a weather-sealed DSLR !!

Exactly, I just drove fifteen miles to get to a beautiful field Ive been eyeing but, too late. Sun was too far gone. Oh well, tomorrow.

Damn you and all your lush fields that lead directly to the pubs front door. I need a plane ticket to see this for myself!

Damn you and all your lush fields that lead directly to the pubs front door. I need a plane ticket to see this for myself!

Well, there are also ugly places though ;)

Ha, Andy, just wait until the Germans get all their texts TRANSLATED (I will start NOW :biggrin: )!!!

I saw that comeing. :)

Any who.... I have noticed in my short time here that there is fairly large amount of imagery coming out of Germany and Canada. I honestly think the accessability to such articles plays directly into the impression you got. The articles coming out of Great Brittan need considerably less translation if any wile on their way over here state side than say one in German.

The english ones just get here faster.

Most reactions

Back