Why so many want to be Pro?

The digital era has created a fad out of photography. The instant gratification that digital has delivered has fed into peoples laziness and impatience. Now you don’t have to wait to see the final product you can have it right away. I love digital myself, I believe it has taken photography to new heights but honestly I doubt many of the vast numbers who have taken up photography would have done so if it were not for digital. Photography has become the cool new “it” thing but in the end it’s just another form of art so why not painting? You don’t see giant stacks of art supplies at Costco with everyone scurrying around trying to produce the best painting.

Going “pro” is just what many people believe is the next step in being a photographer. Like any fad it’s about fitting in and being cool and when it comes to photography what’s cooler than being a “pro”

I think it's great that so many people have taken up photography it is a great way to express yourself artistically but in the end I think more people are in love with the idea of photography rather than creating beautiful photographs.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back