Why watch The Oscars when you can watch the rain?

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*passive-aggressive tone* Oh, The Oscars? No, no. I'd rather watch the rain with my Chai tea and my book (not a Kindle because that's so inauthentic). It's just...worth so much more than watching some silly TV show, dontcha think? *passive-aggressively takes a sip of tea while feeling quite self-satisfied*

In actuality I looked out the window, said "Oh, it's raining," and then sat down to watch Not The Oscars aka The Walking Dead.

But that first part is the kind of stuff that's going to be all over social media amidst the Oscar buzz lol. All you shallow Oscars enjoyers should feel shaaaaammmmmeeee

_MG_7947-dualiso-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
*passive-aggressive tone* Oh, The Oscars? No, no. I'd rather watch the rain with my Chai tea and my book (not a Kindle because that's so inauthentic). It's just...worth so much more than watching some silly TV show, dontcha think? *passive-aggressively takes a sip of tea while feeling quite self-satisfied*

rain+tea+book are just perfect!

P.S. never understood people with Kindle

I'm not fussed about watching the Oscars on TV, but I love to know who got what.

Superb stuff that Eddie Redmayne got best actor and Birdman got best cinematography, best picture, best original screenplay and best director! Such an awesome film!

Fun fact. Chai, is actually the Hinidi word for "tea". So when you say you want a "chai tea" you are actually asking for "tea tea".

I do realize chai has been adopted as an adjective but that why its a fun fact, not a serious one.

And as another fun fact, not all but most languages in the world have very similar words for tea:

"tea (n.)
1650s, earlier chaa (1590s, from Portuguese cha), from Malay teh and directly from Chinese (Amoy dialect) t’e, in Mandarin ch’a. First known in Paris 1635, the practice of drinking tea was first introduced to England 1644.

The distribution of the different forms of the word reflects the spread of use of the beverage. The modern English form, along with French thé, Spanish te, German Tee, etc., derive via Dutch thee from the Amoy form, reflecting the role of the Dutch as the chief importers of the leaves (through the Dutch East India Company, from 1610). The Portuguese word (attested from 1550s) came via Macao; and Russian chai, Persian cha, Greek tsai, Arabic shay, and Turkish çay all came overland from the Mandarin form."

(Not an exhaustive list, but you get the idea.)

That's exactly where the British slang "cuppa Char" comes from :)

The American slang phrase "Cuppa Joe" refers to Joseph Cuppola who invented coffee in 1893.

What's so special about this Oscar fella that he gets so much attention?

Ive been reading on a kindle since version 2 that came out many years ago. I couldnt live with out it. It aint what the story is written on, its the story itself that matters. And with the kindle, I can bring my whole library (500+ books) with me where ever I go.

Ive been reading on a kindle since version 2 that came out many years ago. I couldnt live with out it. It aint what the story is written on, its the story itself that matters. And with the kindle, I can bring my whole library (500+ books) with me where ever I go.

Except when the thing the story is written on causes eye strain or headache, then it does matter. Plus, new studies suggest that reading comprehension while using a screen is poorer than when using paper. Less information is retained.
Readers absorb less on Kindles than on paper study finds Books The Guardian

Except when the thing the story is written on causes eye strain or headache, then it does matter. Plus, new studies suggest that reading comprehension while using a screen is poorer than when using paper. Less information is retained.
Readers absorb less on Kindles than on paper study finds Books The Guardian

Kindles arent backlit so they cause no eye strain. And you can find a study that will say anything these days.

Kindles arent backlit so they cause no eye strain. And you can find a study that will say anything these days.

Funny, tell that to my eyes then. I don't think they'll believe you.

And yes, there are lots of studies these days. Some of them are of limited application (and others are not.) Doesn't mean they should be dismissed.

I average 80 books a year on my kindle. No eye strain. No problem remembering what I read.

Most reactions

Back