Why We Switched to Nikon

If you have to brag it was shot on film just so they know, you failed.
Who said anything about bragging, I have had 4 couples ask me to shoot their wedding on B+W film in the last year because they prefer the look
Who said I was talking about you?
Not everything around here is about you and your leicas you know.

I like the number 4, in a year. lol. People have different ways of shooting and what they use to do so, I don't think any 1 of those ways is correct.

Who said anything about bragging, I have had 4 couples ask me to shoot their wedding on B+W film in the last year because they prefer the look
Has a raw nerve been hit and I never mentioned Leicas

I like the number 4, in a year. lol. People have different ways of shooting and what they use to do so, I don't think any 1 of those ways is correct.
4 is a lot when you have never advertised or wanted to shoot weddings

Actually you have mentioned Leicas. 4 is not a lot, in ANY situation, and they probably heard of you from a friend of a friend or they were personal friends to begin with.

i switched to nikon for the lens selection. Really, that was the primary reason. when i found out i could put about anything on one from 1960 up i was sold. It is the only company far as i know that never changed mounts enough to limit lens selection. And since i liked the idea of using a variety of lenses and years lenses and throwing about anything i could find on one that is why i really bought into nikon. I figured in the end i could have a lot more fun and save money with more lenses to play with. Granted, some are not high quality. But instead of being stuck with a couple lenses i can just go find another one for fifty bucks and it is like having a new toy.

4 is not a lot, in ANY situation

It's all perception. Four is a lot to some people, not to others. If I charge 20k per wedding, 4 is about right for a year :D I'm shooting 4 weddings continuously in October over the course of 4 days. That is A LOT.

Has a raw nerve been hit and I never mentioned Leicas
Wait what?
You never ever miss a chance here to say you shoot with leicas.
I don't blame you, if I had them, and cared about film, I would mention them in every post I made.
Kinda like you do. :)

4 is not a lot, in ANY situation

It's all perception. Four is a lot to some people, not to others. If I charge 20k per wedding, 4 is about right for a year :D I'm shooting 4 weddings continuously in October over the course of 4 days. That is A LOT.
4 is a lot if you don't want to shoot weddings but if i did i would be shooting like i used to shoot events (printing on site) every weekend and i would set up a studio at the wedding and have my dye sub printer glowing red like it did at events

Oh yeah I'm sure you "used" to do a lot. Some pro. pfft.

One more like that and you're going to be taking a break.

Most reactions

Back