Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can understand why my wife's parents & my parents buy my son all the electronic, noisey toys they can find! That part is obvious!

But WHY would a toy manufacturer make toys that don't have an off switch?!:angry1: :pissed:

All yesterday we had a cow that moo's a stupid tune when NJ presses it's nose. Last night/this morning after changing his nappy I nudged his stupid plastic train that then started choo chooing the house down & woke him up!:pissed: :angry1: :irked:

It's not because they have a sense of humour because he has a caterpiller with lettered feet and it says the phonetic sound of the letter. We had to make sure it couldn't be "mis-used" or course and when I pressed f-u what should be a lower case c is turned into a girly giggle! NO FUN AT ALL!:pissed: :irked: :angry1: :banghead:

And toy mobile phones that have exactly the same ring tones as a real Nokia phone! Now how is THAT funny? :angry1: :banghead: :pissed: :irked: :soapbox:

We had to make sure it couldn't be "mis-used" or course and when I pressed f-u what should be a lower case c is turned into a girly giggle! NO FUN AT ALL!:pissed: :irked: :angry1: :banghead:
:biglaugh:

:lol: i can just imagine you running around you house, trying to find witch phone is ringing

JohnMF said:
:lol: i can just imagine you running around you house, trying to find witch phone is ringing

That normaly wouldn't be a problem except last weekend he decided to "hide" my mobile in the tumble dryer! We could hear it ringing but nobody could find it.

PlasticSpanner said:
That normaly wouldn't be a problem except last weekend he decided to "hide" my mobile in the tumble dryer! We could hear it ringing but nobody could find it.
:lol:

But WHY would a toy manufacturer make toys that don't have an off switch?!
They all have off switches. Sometimes you have to pop along to B&Q to buy them separately. You'll find them in the hammer section. They work well when computers break to.

Oh, I hear you, Plastic!
Though, luckily, both sets of grandparents were quite reasonable about their toy presents to my kids when they were little.
But those things can be hell!
My nephews used to have plenty of those.
Pure hell!

Today it's "Linkin' Park", the same CD, FOREVER.
Something to look forward to... ;)

JohnMF said:

I can imagine him running and trying to grab this cow which was moooooing... I wonder if he was moooooing too....

LaFoto said:
Today it's "Linkin' Park", the same CD, FOREVER.
Something to look forward to... ;)

Oh noooo! TEENAGERS!:chatty:

He's OK with music at the moment though! He like "Jessica" by the Allman Brother Band (Formerly BBC's Top Gear program theme tune) so I'm OK with that! :lol:

Several of those toys have mysteriously "disappeared" at our house. Or, alternatively we've sent them off to Grandma and Grandpa's with their favorite, noisy toy in the suitcase :twisted: Right now the ongoing joke is about a little Blue's Clue's refigerator toy that is the most annoying thing I've ever heard. My parents keep trying to have the boys bring it home with them, and I keep saying "Oh, no, that's a special toy to play with at Grandma's house" :mrgreen:

AlisonPower said:
Several of those toys have mysteriously "disappeared" at our house. Or, alternatively we've sent them off to Grandma and Grandpa's with their favorite, noisy toy in the suitcase :twisted: Right now the ongoing joke is about a little Blue's Clue's refigerator toy that is the most annoying thing I've ever heard. My parents keep trying to have the boys bring it home with them, and I keep saying "Oh, no, that's a special toy to play with at Grandma's house" :mrgreen:
Alison has the right idea. When Steven was little his grandparents bought him one of those miniature drum kits - how adorable was that?!? :shock: He was immediately off and bangin' away, and I looked up and smiled right into my mother in law's eyes and said, "You know it's staying here, don't you? We just don't have the room for it." :D

No one argued with me. :goodvibe:

The little rat plays a Strat now, anyway, and he has, in fact, found the "11" on his amplifier dial. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back