why wont this work

motcon said:
if i knew someone named 'Charlie', i'd be all set.
My apologies - that would be mysteryscribe, the very same who penned this thread. ;) I'm a lazycat about user names, especially if the real name is shorter. :lol:

Your idea is very good. It'll work just fine. In fact Minox once had a darkroom in an atache carry case back in the 70s. It was fitted with ornage front panels so you can actually see everything inside as you worked using long sleeve gloves inside the box, like those steril hoods you see in labs. The portable darkoom was complete with chemical trays inside as well. You could only make 4x5s but it was truely amazing given the year it hit the market.

Good luck with yours.

actually this is the version I designed. I made some small changes trying to get it sharp. Finally scrapped it. Im going to go with a daylight contact printer instead I think.
pict00225gm.jpg

By the way I gave the candy to my daughter.

My camera will shoot a good 3x4 negative, but the 4x5 version is a pain to work with. So what I think I will do is make a daylight contact printer to print 3x4 negs on 4x5 paper. Probably use a 4x5 mask with a cut out 3x4 oval to make retro portraits. If it is works okay and it should, I might go with 5x7 prints or even 8x10.. Can probably build a view camera.

So anyway the enlarger will work I am convinced, if you can get the focal distances right From pinhole to negative holder and from pin hole to film holder. And yes Terri this the uglist thing I have build yet, but it does have a warped beauty.

I have no experience with trying to tone rc can it be done. If not I guess I'll have to print wash it with oils. Or go with a fiber based paper.

Most reactions

Back