Why you (dont) need a 24-70mm

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I wont link that video because its the most awful video digitalrev has done to date.

But am I the only one who got the impression that what they actually wanted to say is that you DONT need a 24-70mm ?

LOL, not need 24-70mm 2.8 ?
To each his own but I gotta tell you its my most beloved and used lens.
I use it for everything, portrait (except head shots), landscape, event, general walk around, close up shots (well its not a macro but its good for a general use lens), low light situation.
I mean its just such a great optical range and offering such high quality images.

Didn't watch it, and not planning to, either. I unsubscribed a while ago. Their days of entertaining and useful videos are long gone; now they're failing on both.

24-70 is my most used non-portraiture jobs lens.

I own two lenses. 85 1.4 and 24-70

Well also the 150-600 but thats just collecting dust.

Well since I don't own a 24-70 I for one am delighted to discover that apparently, I don't need one.

Whew.. what a relief. Lol

I don't have one either.
Though I use a 24-85 / 2.8-4.0 which is a mainstay for general usage. I like that it eliminates 3 primes ... 24mm, 50mm and 85mm for general usage. Though I still own 50 & 85 primes when I need the f/1.4

I any of you decide you don't want your f2.8 24-70mm, you can just send it to me. I'm not proud! :biggrin-93:

Most reactions

Back