Why?

williambarry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wm-barry.com
Why are people that cannot spell or speak correctly allowed to do so?

This is not a thread bashing other languages.. I understand the point that for some people English is not the primary language.

For Christ's sake though, if you are an American and you can not or will not speak properly then do not speak. I understand internet laziness and even computer illiteracy, but if you can't spell the whole word out because the extra three characters would blow your ****ing mind all over your wall, at least use the correct internet slang word in place of it.

:playball::playball::playball::gun::gun::gun::playball::playball::playball::gun::gun::gun::playball::playball::playball:

Pfft americans can't spell anything right - I mean they all leave the u out of colour! ;)

As for why - well -- because they can?

Just post helpful little cartoons to help those in need.

grammarnazi.jpg

Pfft americans can't spell anything right - I mean they all leave the u out of colour! ;)

As for why - well -- because they can?

I think leaving the u out of colour and the myriad of other spelling differences between American English and English fall more to being taught one way or the other. Cultural differences do not bother me. Ignorance however, is an entirely different beast.

It's not the spelling that gets me as much as the people who live here and speak their language. I agree with you totally!

Why are people that cannot spell, or speak correctly allowed to do so?

This is not a thread bashing other languages.. I understand the point that for some people English is not their primary language.

For Christ's sake though, if you are an American and you can not, or will not speak properly, then do not speak. I understand internet laziness and even computer illiteracy, but if you can't spell the whole word out because the extra three characters would blow your ****ing mind all over your wall, at least use the correct internet slang word in place of it. - Run-on sentence?

:playball::playball::playball::gun::gun::gun::playball::playball::playball::gun::gun::gun::playball::playball::playball:

Fixed

dm5klg.gif

OMG! WTF is eating you? RTFM on internet forum lingo. IOW, its OK to slang! Acronyms are PANS! Your just being a PITA!

IHO, L8R...BTW, whats your A/S/L???!!! ;) :lol: LOL, ROFL

OMG! WTF is eating you? RTFM on internet forum lingo. IOW, its OK to slang! Acronyms are PANS! Your just being a PITA!

IHO, L8R...BTW, whats your A/S/L???!!! ;) :lol: LOL, ROFL

Ah...sure?..... You want to try that in Canadian French? :lol: :lol: :lol:

skieur

Why are people that cannot spell or speak correctly allowed to do so?

This is not a thread bashing other languages.. I understand the point that for some people English is not the primary language.

For Christ's sake though, if you are an American and you can not or will not speak properly then do not speak. I understand internet laziness and even computer illiteracy, but if you can't spell the whole word out because the extra three characters would blow your ****ing mind all over your wall, at least use the correct internet slang word in place of it.

It can get annoying, but there is one thing you didn't mention. Which is funny, because you made the mistake yourself and that is, the proper use of commas. (you left commas out) That drives me nuts. Plus, what's with the two periods in your first sentence? I know it's not an ellipsis, because it's not three dots. Not to mention, an ellipsis wouldn't, necessarily, be needed there anyway. So, yea...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back