wich printer for home use?

CWA_JGEISINGER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to get a photo printer for home use and was wondering what everyone uses or has had experiance with?

right now I have an epson stylus cx8400

I have printed a few pics from it the quality is great but the pictures come out darker than they appear on my computer screen

when I print a black and white with it if there are any shadows they are completly blacked out in the print

I personally use an HP D7160, to me it is good enough for what little I use it for. I like the color it gives me and it was relatively cheap. It does use 6 ink cartridges which makes replacing them kind of a pain.

BEFORE thinking about a printer (or even a better monitor), you should purchase a monitor calibration tool (Spyder2 express). The darker photos might be an issue with profiles and have nothing to do with the quality of your printer.

Buying a new printer without proper calibration is completely pointless.

BEFORE thinking about a printer (or even a better monitor), you should purchase a monitor calibration tool (Spyder2 express). The darker photos might be an issue with profiles and have nothing to do with the quality of your printer.
Buying a new printer without proper calibration is completely pointless.

True. If the problem is in the monitor, i really can't help you there (but I could say that I'd have to agree with usayit ;)) If it's the printer, then here's my personal favs:

For CD printing, I'd suggest Canon specifically i950 (i use this one) For pictures, a friend of mine swears that Epson is the only choice for printing this type of document. I don't really print much pictures, so there :lmao:

But for B/W, I use HP970CXi--actually any HP printer would do well for B/W printing. That's why I :heart: HP inkjet cartridges for my paperworks. My online supplier sells epson printer cartridges, tektronix print cartridges, pitney bowes ink cartridges and minolta toner cartridges. So with all the printers in our house, obtaining such assortment of ink cartridges under one roof is heaven sent.

All of these printers, I've tried. But my one and only buddy, my most reliable home use printer --- is HP (hands down)

epsons the best, keep it and calibrate your monitor. also, you have to realize paper isnt backlit, so of course its going to have a sort of dry-down to it in the prints.

anybody tried the new epson "fiber" paper?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back